VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using Avisynth with MeGUI 2507. It seems to encode normal length videos fine such as 1-3 hour long videos. However the 24 hours or Le Man (21 hours long after commercials removed) has a 61 second delay in the audio after the MeGUI encoding yet it definitely wasn't in the source because I use a program that makes sure there would be no delay if the video were to be demuxed. My source was MKV and I set MeGUI to encode to a M2TS as I'm hoping that will retain the x264 switches I set.

I can't see anything in the log which would suggest why the delay occurred.

Is there anything I can do in MeGUI to prevent a delay occurring? Would encoding (in MeGUI) to a different container help?
    Is there any way in MeGUI to only encode to a .h264 file and NOT into a container?

The source video is fine. It's 1080i 25fps TV footage. I tested it myself by demuxing the source MKV with DGIndexNV and TSMuxer. When I muxed back with TSMuxer there was no delay so it's something MeGUI is doing. I set MeGUI to use DGDecodeNV to index the file.
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 24th Jul 2014 at 14:55.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post

Is there anything I can do in MeGUI to prevent a delay occurring? Would encoding (in MeGUI) to a different container help?
    Is there any way in MeGUI to only encode to a .h264 file and NOT into a container?
    file format => rawavc

Are you doing this for BD ?

--keyint 500 --ref 9
    That is a problem. Won't affect sync or delay, but will make it not compatible

--ref 6 --keyint 100 if you are using 2sec GOP rules

Le Mans 24 Hour 2014 Race - [0] English Delay 65571ms.ac3
    Is that the file you got from DGNVTools ? The delay is usually written into the name
    Quote Quote  
  3. 61seconds seems kind of huge, are you sure the source is okay?
    With 24hrs+ I would also in general recommend so split the content, since some tools might run into overflows.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. Where is file format => rawavc? I'm using MeGUI 2507

Yes the file will be for Bluray. I'm using all the Bluray compatible settings (as it actually lowers the file size slightly) apart from the KeyInt of 50 which I didn't want to use as it increases the file size. The video still plays in Bluray players even though it's not 100% compliant. Didn't realize MeGUI uses a KeyInt of 500. I was told by the author of Simple x264 Launcher that the x264 codec default is 250 unless you specify one which I didn't?

Splitting files is a nightmare. Don't want to do it. Yes the source is fine. It's 1080i 25fps TV footage. I tested it myself by demuxing the source MKV with DGIndexNV and TSMuxer. When I muxed back with TSMuxer there was no delay so it's something MeGUI is doing. I set MeGUI to use DGDecodeNV to index the file and to encode to M2TS.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    Where is file format => rawavc? I'm using MeGUI 2507
    It's on the front of the GUI, input tab. 4th from the top drop down menu, right under encoder settings

Yes the file will be for Bluray. I'm using all the Bluray compatible settings (as it actually lowers the file size slightly) apart from the KeyInt of 50 which I didn't want to use as it increases the file size. The video still plays in Bluray players even though it's not 100% compliant. Didn't realize MeGUI uses a KeyInt of 500. I was told by the author of Simple x264 Launcher that the x264 codec default is 250 unless you specify one which I didn't?
    It might be set to 10x fps in megui. In the advanced settings, there is a "GOP calculation" FPS based setting

Yes, many players can play non compliant files. But a --keyint of 500 will usually exhibit seek problems in many BD players. Try navigation FF/RW then see if you change your mind.

But on a source like car racing, you might not see the difference or detect the seek problems - because the actual keyframe placement might be a lot shorter. The reason is with scenecut active, a new keyframe will usually be placed as the camera switches. Car races are usually fast paced, multiple cameras and scenes switched quickly

When I muxed back with TSMuxer there was no delay so it's something MeGUI is doing. I set MeGUI to use DGDecodeNV to index the file and to encode to M2TS.

It has something to do with DGNVTools. When you index the file, it will demux the audio, and write the delay value into the filename. If you use megui to mux, it will use that delay value

Is the file in sync?
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 24th Jul 2014 at 15:12.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes the source file is in sync. If I were to demux and remux the file, the audio is still in sync with no delay. It seems to be MeGUI that's causing the delay but I don't know why. Maybe MeGUI is using a buggy demuxer.

I was told by the author of Simple x264 Launcher that the x264 codec default is 250 unless you specify one which I didn't? So does x264 not use 250 as the default? Don't understand why MeGUI uses a KeyInt to 500 when I didn't set that.

What kind FF/RW problems do you get with KeyInt at 500? Don't want to use KeyInt of 50 so what is the max I can use without causing seek problems? 250?

When I use DGIndex on standard definition MPEG2s it does indeed specify at "delay 0" for example in the file name. But DGIndexNV does not seem to mention delay in the file name on TS or MKV HD files.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    Yes the source file is in sync. If I were to demux and remux the file, the audio is still in sync with no delay. It seems to be MeGUI that's causing the delay but I don't know why. Maybe MeGUI is using a buggy demuxer.
    No , it's using tsmuxer to mux with the delay . Do you see where it says timeshift=65571ms ? It's more than coincidence that the ac3 file has Delay 65571ms written in the name

---[NoImage] A_AC3, "E:\2 = New\f0tqqgwk.pyf\Le Mans 24 Hour 2014 Race - [0] English Delay 65571ms.ac3", timeshift=65571ms, lang=eng

I was told by the author of Simple x264 Launcher that the x264 codec default is 250 unless you specify one which I didn't? So does x264 not use 250 as the default? Don't understand why MeGUI uses a KeyInt to 500 when I didn't set that.
    See the last post. It's in the advanced settings GOP calculation FPS based. Change it to fixed or override it with commandline

What kind FF/RW problems do you get with KeyInt at 500? Don't want to use KeyInt of 50 so what is the max I can use without causing seek problems? 250?

Typically seeking will be slow, and some players will pixellate on the seek, before taking a few seconds to recover the picture. But you might not see these issues because of the source characteristics (see the edits in the last post), or some BD players are just super powerful and can play almost anything without problems

100 is safe for 720p50, because that's what's used for 2sec blu-ray GOP rules, and that' s what you're using otherwise for the other settings

When I use DGIndex on standard definition MPEG2s it does indeed specify at "delay 0" for example in the file name. But DGIndexNV does not seem to mention delay in the file name on TS or MKV HD files.
    It's not always "0ms" for SD MPEG2 sources
    Quote Quote  
  8. On the command line I entered --keyint 250 however MeGUI still used 500. Seems to be a bug. Here's the log.

Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    No , it's using tsmuxer to mux with the delay . Do you see where it says timeshift=65571ms ? It's more than coincidence that the ac3 file has Delay 65571ms written in the name

---[NoImage] A_AC3, "E:\2 = New\f0tqqgwk.pyf\Le Mans 24 Hour 2014 Race - [0] English Delay 65571ms.ac3", timeshift=65571ms, lang=eng
    I don't understand what you're trying to say? If I were to demux the source with TSmuxer or DGIndexNV then mux back with TSMuxer then there would be no delay. Seems to be something that MeGUI is doing that causes the 61 second delay.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    On the command line I entered --keyint 250 however MeGUI still used 500. Seems to be a bug. Here's the log.
    My understanding is the custom commandline in megui should override everything. So indeed it looks like a bug. You should report it

Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

I don't understand what you're trying to say? If I were to demux the source with TSmuxer or DGIndexNV then mux back with TSMuxer then there would be no delay. Seems to be something that MeGUI is doing that causes the 61 second delay.
    I'm saying whatever megui is using to demux the file that delay is detected and written ito the filename. I'm assuming it was DGIndexNV, but it's not clear in the log. No matter what muxer you use, it will use the same delay value to "fix" the delay when muxing. In that example tsmuxer was used for muxing. That' s what the log file says. If you had chosen mkv, it would have use mkvmerge, and use the same delay.

You have the option delete intermediate files enabled, that's why you don't see the audio or other files

---[Information] [22/07/2014 16:48:14] Successfully deleted E:\2 = New\f0tqqgwk.pyf\Le Mans 24 Hour 2014 Race.avs
    ---[Information] [22/07/2014 16:48:14] Successfully deleted E:\2 = New\f0tqqgwk.pyf\Le Mans 24 Hour 2014 Race.dgi
    ---[Information] [22/07/2014 16:48:14] Successfully deleted E:\2 = New\f0tqqgwk.pyf\Le Mans 24 Hour 2014 Race - [0] English Delay 65571ms.ac3
    ---[Information] [22/07/2014 16:48:14] Successfully deleted directory E:\2 = New\f0tqqgwk.pyf
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks. For the 21 hour video I shall try to untick "Delete intermediate files" so I can get the raw .264 file and mux with the audio myself so I don't get a delay.

I'd still like to get it working properly for encoding to a container as I've lots of other smaller files that it would take too long to manually index and mux myself so I'd like to leave MeGUI to run overnight. Does anybody know how to get MeGUI working as I've just encoded a few 2 hour episodes and they too had a delay, an even bigger delay of 1 minute 20 seconds! There was no delay in the source. Seems to be fine with 45 minute long videos or less but 2 hour videos get a massive delay.
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 25th Jul 2014 at 08:34.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Is the delay value real? When megui finishes muxing, is it out of sync? ie. Should it be muxing without a delay ? Or does the delay actually keep everything in sync? That's a huge delay and suspicious

If there is a problem you should report it on the megui bugs thread or nothing will get fixed
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!