VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    I hope someone can help me please.
    I have 22 x 30 minute episodes of teenage mutant ninja turtles and would like to put them onto a dvd disc(s).
    They are in the divx5.0 format at the moment.
    I have used dvd2svcd and tmpgenc in the past with excellent results when just doing one file at a time for svcd, but have just purchased a dvd writer and would like some pointers if possible.
    I have searched the forums etc. for help but I still can't grasp batch encoding etc.
    Many thanks for anyone who is willing to help newbie on a learning curve.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What exactly is it you want help with? Encoding perhaps? or authoring or maybe burning? It could be any or all of these, please be more specific.
    Quote Quote  
  3. At the moment I have 22 files all in the divx 5.0 format and would like to put them on to a dvd disc(s).
    They are all 120-150 mb in size.
    I would like to know the best way to put them onto a dvd to play in my stand-alone player.
    I am able to convert each to svcd bot this is very long winded and would use a huge amount of discs (cdr),hence trying to put them on 1 or 2 dvd discs would be more suitable.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As your DVD player supports SVCD, im going to go right ahead and assume it also supports VCD.

As your familar with tmpgenc, i would suggest getting a copy of tmpgenc DVD Author.

This will take mpg files you have made with tmgenc and convert them all into a DVD compliant set of files. All that needs editing are the audio files, to 48000hz to make them DVD compliant.

You will be able to fit 6hrs of video onto one dvd, so you'll only need two DVDs to do your entire collection.

I've been doing the exact same project, and have got some very good results.

There are many guides here that can help you, just do a search for tmpgenc dvd author.
    Cows love you. They are harmless, they look nice, they don't need a box to crap in, they keep the grass down and they are so trusting and stupid that you cannot but lose your heart to them.
    Quote Quote