VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I was thinking about buying this printer (retails for $700...about $625 on Amazon). Currently it has a $350 manufacturers rebate....or there are places selling it for around $350 but you are not eligible for the rebate.

My concern is why is this printer getting so cheap when all the other printers in this line are still selling for their list prices.
    Here is a list of them with their list prices.

C530dn $500.00 Duplexer, 1500 page toner
    C532n $500.00 4000 page Bl, 3000 page Color Toner
    C532dn $700.00 Duplexer, 4000 page Bl, 3000 page Color Toner
    C534n $700.00 6000 page Bl, 6000 page Color Toner
    C534Dn $1000.00 Duplexer, 6000 page Bl, 6000 page Color Toner

All printers have same print engines extras make up the different units.

All printers except the C534n (the one I am looking at) are selling around their list price.
    Stores are selling the c534n for 350 - 500, except any store with the rebate their selling price is 600-700

Is there anything wrong with this printer that the price dropped so much? Or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks.
    Andy
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have never been happy with Lexmark printers, just don't like their design and construction.
    Let's talk about using heavily folded, unprotected Mylar ribbon cables with laptop-style connections on the ends for a wiring harness on a workgroup laser printer. If you haven't tried to replace one, I can't explain it to you and if you have, there is no need. Lexmark does make some solid units, but also a lot of crap.

Have always favored HP units, course I am biased cause these are what I am trained on. Hp build quality has gone a bit downhill in the last few years, though their pricing has improved somewhat. More plastic and less metal, still well made in upper end units and a general industry standard.

The Oki's have always been solid, oddball but solid. Strict form compatibility sometimes an issue.

The Kyocera units seem well made, but there are few of them in my market.

Avoid the cheapest units for all but near-throwaway usage.

Do you need the heavy print capacity for color print, do you have or have you considered a companion monochrome laser (strongly recommended), is duplexing a useful feature?

Duplexers are a major PITA to work on usually, but can be essential for some usages. If rarely needed, do NOT pay extra for one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Typically, though not always, rebates like these are a way of clearing out inventory. Usually because the unit is being discontinued and replaced by a new model.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Anyone here own one of these that can share some personal experience with....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nelson37
    Lexmark does make some solid units, but also a lot of crap.
    I know about the "crap" part. A friend got a Lexmark x75 all-in-one and I was so impressed with it I bought one myself. Now, both hers and mine are dead. She replaced hers with an HP inkjet and I replace mine with an HP Color LaserJet 2600n. I used to have a B&W laser a few years ago but it eventually died (cheap model). But now that I've gone laser again, I don't think I'll ever go back to an inkjet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, at the new price here I don't think I can pass it up.

List Price: $849.00
    Price: $441.26 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
    You Save: $407.74 (48%)
    Rebate: $350.00
    Price After Rebate: $91.26

Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Got one ordered for $91 !!!

I will post my results after it arrives.
    Quote Quote