VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've got my DVD all set to go but when I check for errors I get "end action not set" and when I test play it, it just stops at the end. I guess that's the error. What I would like to do is have it finish playing and then return to the menu, but I haven't been able to figure out where to set that.

I'm using encore 2.0 one timeline and 14 chapters if that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Firstly, I don't use Encore so I couldn't tell you exactly what the process is. But all you need to do is link the end of your last chapter to whichever menu (main, chapter or scene, etc.) you'd like. This should be pretty easy, I think (again, I don't use Encore). But will give it a shot.

Try clicking on the last chapter (on the timeline??) and right-click -- see if there's something that says "Set End Action" or something like that. If there is, select it and choose which menu you want to link it to. Or, try clicking on the last chapter (on timeline?) and find the dropdown menu called Properties. Do the same thing, try to find something that says, "Set End Action".

Sorry can't be more help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would recommend setting the END-ACTION for the Timeline/Title (rather than set the END-ACTION on the last Chapter on the Timeline).

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by GeorgeW
    I would recommend setting the END-ACTION for the Timeline/Title (rather than set the END-ACTION on the last Chapter on the Timeline).

Regards,
    George
    I couldn't find that option - was the first thing I looked for when I saw the error.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm away from my editing machine ATM (so going by memory). Double-click on the Timeline, and on the right side (using the Encore Default Layout), there should be options for the Timeline (one of them being the END-ACTION).

I'll look for the exact position later today when I get back to my editing machine...

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  6. GeorgeW - found it - thanks for the tip.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Sorry to have to resurrect this old thread, but does anyone know how to set the default end action in Encore?

I often have batches of up to 20 DVDs to do and having to waste time setting the "end" action and the "menu button" action every time is really irritating. I also use Grass Valley/Canopus Edius and that just burns DVDs with no hassle at all (though it does have its own, errm, "quirks")

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps I should add that I always have the same setting for "end" action and "title remote" action (Stop) .
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ignore them. The disks will do what you want. (No guarantees they will play on every player.)
    Quote Quote