VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys I'm looking for a program that I can edit a bunch of .mkv files, basically i just need parts of the entire video, and then export them into one long video in the end. Similar to what Windows MovieMaker and Divx Author do. Anybody know of a program that supports .mkv files for this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    avidemux, select the parts you want to delete and save as a new mkv. Click on avidemux for some guides.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It was looking good but I tried opening one of my files and it says "H.264 detected" If the file is using B-frames as reference it can lead to a crash or stuttering. Avidemux can use another mode which is safe but YOU WILL LOSE FRAME ACCURACY. do you want to use that mode....
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have tried at Least 30 programs to edit mkv files that are ripped from blueray movies lossless.
    Theres only one that comes close to doing the job the rest are all garbage or they compress the files. The only one that works is a free one called solveigMM trimer. SolveignMM edits ripped blueray mkv Lossless.
    Theres only one problem it usually hangs if you try to do multiple cuts. You have to cut and save one piece at a time and then get software to join them when your finished.
    If anyone knows another program that can cut MKV lossless please do tell. I have tried many and they either re-encode or just dont work
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've come to the conclusion that there are no really good free editors, and wonder why h.264 has been around for so long and is still so poorly supported.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's certainly not free, but VideoReDo TVSuite H.264 can edit MKV files if the video is MPEG-2 or H.264. I don't know if VC-1 will work (probably not, but I truly do not know). This task would be fairly easy in it.
    Quote Quote