VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have downloaded first 100kb and last 1mb of video file. The first 100kb of FLV file (h263) contain video header and 2 seconds of the video, VLC plays it with no problems. The 1mb part can't be opened with VLC. When I copy and paste 1mb file to 100kb file (which contain headers and 2 seconds) VLC opens it but only plays 2 seconds. Any suggestions how can I merge first 100kb and last 1mb to make it work?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How do you merge/copy and paste?

Tried flv joiner?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    How do you merge/copy and paste?
    I tried many things like notepad, linux cat command, and c++ fwrite

I'm making a program which will allow users to download parts of the video file so there will be no need to download 1gb file to watch 10 seconds of the ending. The first 100kb of the file contain headers and some broken frames at the end. 1mb file contain broken frames at the begining. Is there any way I can remove those broken frames and glue these two files to make it work?

Maybe there is already program which allows you to download parts of the video not a whole video? There are .swf palyers and pseudo streaming websites but players don't have option to save the specified part to hdd.
    Quote Quote