VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I am trying to burn a DVD backup with DVD Shrink but it gives the message: "DVDShrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Invalid data in VTS_01_4.VOB"

Before trying to burn I created IFO files with IfoEdit.

What does this mean? How can I fix it?

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try running the files through FixVTS, then loading into Shrink.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you! It worked. Your advice as usually is right to the point.

Actually I tried this software a couple of times before and it never helped but this time worked like a charm.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Had the same problem the other day (Wallace & Gromit) - Ripped to HDD with DVDFab Decrypter, then let DVDShrink work from the HDD files - Worked like a charm.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by vertical View Post
    Hi,

This is interesting. I have a 2012 production in DVD 8GB format on 3 DVDs. My problem so far is on Disc 1. AND suprise suprise it is in a file named VTS_01_4.VOB. Eventually it returns a CRC error in a process to create a backup. I was suspecting tiny scratches on this media. The 3 discs had one in what appears to be a smooth slip in jacket, but 2 discs were crammed into one. That may have led to one disc scratching the other, UNTIL I found your posting when Googling "FIX VOB FILES".

The 3 dvds are for Major Crimes Season 1 that aired in 2012.

Most interesting is I began this backup process with Disc 3 and it too had the file VTS_01_4.VOB that failed to backup on Disc 1. However Disc 3 did successfully backup ok.

Disc 2 also has the culprit file '4' on it, and I'll try it's backup next. The Disc 3 and 2 do look cleaner without the tiny scratches on the back.

========================================HUMMMMMMM.

I am trying to burn a DVD backup with DVD Shrink but it gives the message: "DVDShrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Invalid data in VTS_01_4.VOB"

Before trying to burn I created IFO files with IfoEdit.

What does this mean? How can I fix it?

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried rip with something else like dvdfab decrypter or anydvd ? After you ripped you can open the dvd folder with dvd shrink.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you tried rip with something else like dvdfab decrypter or anydvd ? After you ripped you can open the dvd folder with dvd shrink.

I've been using "123 Copy DVD Platinum". It worked on Disc 3 that I accidentally started with instead of Disc 1. However this AM, Disc 3 had the same CRC error.

The 123 Process was to "Clone" the Major Crimes DVD onto a Backup supporting DVD+R DL format (up to 8.3 GB). Now I have to go buy more than 5 discs.

Since Disc3 worked first, but not today, I'm looking into flushing any caches and setup configurations. Maybe it is hidden in what was done before (it would explain if the 123 vendor was maintaining only "1 backup copy, and NO to mass production, i.e., pirating Major Crimes - - clearly not my intent at all".

The Chinese put the DVDs in too flimsy a containment allowing 2 single stored, but they had 3 discs and stuffed 2 discs in together.

The website www.boxsetcollection.com is intriguing. You find VISA and Master Card accepted, but not until done and verified do you find they are in China. Good for them is the package arrived from China to Santa Ana Post Office (California) in 7 days. Had I known they left there to knock on my door, I would not have gone the next day to my nearby Post Office for a pickup.

There are Chinese characters on the Play, Episodes menus, but otherwise it is in English and mostly high quality.
    Quote Quote