VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I downloaded a AVI.movie and it displays Asian closed captions. Is there a way to remove them before burning to DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm moving you to our subtitle section. This is not any VCD authoring...

If they are burned in can you ONLY blur them or crop the video/image. So find another source...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm also sure that these are NOT closed captions but subtitles. In the past, people who have insisted that they were working with closed captions when they were actually subtitles, or vice-versa, did not get the right help because they are not the same at all. But in your case I'm pretty sure you have subs.

I'm hardly an expert, but the few Asian TV show AVIs I have, ahem, "acquired" had burned in subs and you can't get rid of those.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks so much.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, there should be a subtitle file with it just delete it. If not you must use the other method above.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If they were closed captions you wouldn't need to remove them since you could just turn them off.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like a movie named kick-as 2 which has burned-in subtitles,can't remove them unless you crop them out or put in your own subtitles to block them out.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote