VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I am trying to convert a movie file (.mkv file - 5.45 GB) to DVD-5 format with AVS2DVD - 2.3.4.
    But see the attachment. Problem happening with audio Bit rate, its 1536, but I want to make it 448 max, But I cant change it, It's disable, even I uncheck the auto audio set up! I have done this with few other .mkv files also nicely.

Also after converting to DVD-5 without changing the audio Bit rate, audio file not syncroized with the movie. I mean the movie playing nicely, but without audio! In fact, converter display a warning message that it could not attach the audio file when finished conversion.

So, help needed please.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Audio_Error.JPG
Views:	558
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	6523  

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have no solution for avstodvd but you could use popcorn mkv audio converter and just convert the mkv dts to mkv ac3 and then convert the new mkv.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick,
    Thankx for quick response & instruction.
    I had faced problem with another file (.mkv) few months ago, but "_MrC_" gave me the solution with avs2DVD & that worked. So, I just waiting for his response. Otherwise I'll try to go with you.

~r
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i do this all the time with audio...but the method i use is XviD4PSP..it has a very cool feature in that you can convert the audio to any format...downmix it to stereo etc

first...demux the audio from the mkv

second...load up the audio in XviD4PSP by clicking on "open"..then browse to file you want

third...click on the "audio encoding" button in the bottom left of that app and set it to what you want

fourth...click on the "audio" tab at the top of the app...then "editing options"...go thru those options and see if any of them are to your liking...i do a lot of down-converting from dts to 2 channel ac3 (saves space)

fifth...2 ways to do this here...you can take the already created vob set in avstodvd and demux it with pgcdemux...then use muxman to mux in the new audio you just created with XviD4PSP...or....redo the mkv you want and the same process applies
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by akakiami View Post
    I had faced problem with another file (.mkv) few months ago, but "_MrC_" gave me the solution with avs2DVD & that worked. So, I just waiting for his response.
    Here we go.

1. Go to 'Preferences'/'Audio' and toggle off 'Keep DVD compliant audio'
    2. Start new project and add your mkv file
    3. Audio will be auto setup as AC3 @448 kbps

If you have still synch problems, post here the log file.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello _MrC_,
    Well, it worked...Many Thanks.
    But I got 2 warning message while converting, but I did not care & continue, finally converted & playing.

Here is the log file & 1 warning message at the final moment.

Thanks to Baldrick & Moontrash also.

~r
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	warning.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	6540  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote