VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

I'm posting this here but it not technically anything to do with ripping. I am writing a program in python running under linux which will monitor a directory. When I drop media file such as avi or mkv etc the script performs some regular expressions on the file names, queries various onlines sources, determines the best match for the movies, then pulls in covers and movie info, moves the media files in to correct repositories on my media center and stores them in a database .... This all works great so far. However I stopped transcoding my DVDs to avi or mkv files when storage became cheap, so now I just rip my movies to the raw DVD files (IFO, VOB etc). My issue therefore is that when I copy the DVD files to the drop directory using samba, the script cannot currently determine if all the DVD files have been copied, therefore if the script kicks in half way through the file tranfer process, it starts moving files before copying the files has completed.

My question therefore is, is there a linux utility which I can use to parse an IFO file to determine how many files are expected for the given DVD rip? I would hope to use the output of this to ignore the dropped directory until all files are present and not locked by the copying process.

Cheers everyone
    Quote Quote