VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you tell me a freeware which I can remove only the video leaving the audio, but only in a chosen time frame? Like a multi track editor which I can adjust the brightness and make it fit to the time I choose.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    do you need to extract video or audio ?

if you need to extract and keep only audio. AoA Audio Extractor .it's free.

you can find it here http://www.aoamedia.com/audioextractor.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't. The best you can do is replace a section of video with black. Any decent NLE can do it, however free NLEs are few and far between.

You can probably do it with the newest version of Virtualdub. Add a brightness/contrast filter, and set the brightness to zero. You now have black output. Click on the Blend button, then OK. Click on View -> Curves Editor to show the curves editor below the preview windows. Use Shift + Left Click to add points. Add two points next to each other at the start of the section you want black, and again at the end. Click on the outer points one at a time and drag them down to the bottom of the editor window. When you p0review the clip, the section between the inner points should be black, and the rest visible. The audio should be uninterrupted.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote