VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I have a lot of mkv files (around 500 actually). These files are set to display subtitles by default. Since, the default audio is english, i want the subtitles to be turned off by default. I'm using mkvmerge GUI to do that. (I chose this software because it is regularly updated, has many features and it is matroska's "official" muxing software. So I do not want to change the software.) Since there are a lot of files, I cant do them individually. So i decided to use command line to do that and so created batch files.

Here is an example of a batch file for some series episodes that i created. I just wanted to convert avi to mkv.
    I didnt type the filenames individually but i modified the folder listing text file.
    Look at the command window, the file isnt able to read the whole file name.

Please help.
    If changing software is the only way, please suggest a good software which is regurlarly updated and supports advanced features.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe it's a problem with the file/folder names even if you use ""? Try rename a file and folder so it contains no spaces and see if it works better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I thought of that too. But, I cant rename ALL the 500 files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Any other suggestions ppl?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    But did it work if you renamed the file/folder? THere are tools that can batch rename files.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    But, I cant rename ALL the 500 files.
    Posted: Oct 03, 2007 22:25 ==> Posted: Oct 05, 2007 09:59

Time interval more-than-sufficient.

++++++++++++++++++++++
    Quote Quote  
  7. First of all, sorry for the late reply.

Originally Posted by Baldrick
    But did it work if you renamed the file/folder? THere are tools that can batch rename files.
    Yes, it did work on renameing the files. So, now I'm looking for a good batch file renaming software. Can you or anybody else please suggest a good batch file renaming software that allows me to undo the renaming at a later stage. My plan is to temporarily rename the files and after my job is done, I should change the names to the previous filenames.
    Quote Quote