ok, I have some converted video files to avi xvid (originally 3gp).
they are very small avis, and play fine in vlc, I can see them and hear them, all in synch, but every time my final dvd is generated from these files (trying out numerous "to dvd" programs), there is no audio on the final dvds videos when played on a pc or standard dvd player.

I am wondering what the likely cause might be in having no sound on the dvd, since the computer had no problems with the originals, avi or 3gp, they were all fine - I have tried converting my original files to other formats in virtualdub, eg mpg with mp3- that also played ok on pc, so they must have a common problem only related to them when converted to dvd... any ideas?

I needed to initially convert them as the dvd creation programs I used do not accept 3gp, so I decided on converting usually to mpg or xvid as most dvd creation tools accepted these formats. I dont think my problem lies with virtualdub, as I have used numerous other conversion tools, and the final dvd still has no sound.

any ideas? ps I have also tried in virtualdub to extract the videos sound as wav, this exports and plays fine on the pc, as does the video.. just in case there might be something wrong with the avis, I tried adding the wav to the video, then saving as xvid in virtualdub, but they still convert to dvd with no sound...??

ps am trying out moviefactory to convert avi to dvd, but have also tried others with no luck. there is no sound in the moviefactory preview either when clicking to play the files, so something is surely wrong with these videos, lol. thanks for any help