VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have Mac OS X and need help with....

Converting DTS and Dolby Digital AC3 to .WAV files to convert into whatever I want using Compressor. Eac3 and all that other software sounds great but its all Windows...any solutions? I have been using handbrake and encoding using the lowest video settings but I would prefer not to have to do that >
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Consider PMing a mod to ask to move your post to the Mac forum, which might provide more expert help.

However, since none of the Mac users on this forum have found your post yet, I'll do my best to help, based on what I have seen in other forum posts. ffmpegx is low-cost GUI trialware for OSX that appears to be able to convert to and from a fair number of audio codecs. ffmpeg is a free command line tool that is also able to convert to and from a good number of audio codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Consider PMing a mod to ask to move your post to the Mac forum, which might provide more expert help.

However, since none of the Mac users on this forum have found your post yet, I'll do my best to help, based on what I have seen in other forum posts. ffmpegx is low-cost GUI trialware for OSX that appears to be able to convert to and from a fair number of audio codecs. ffmpeg is a free command line tool that is also able to convert to and from a good number of audio codecs.
    Hmm okay thanks sounds good! I am most definitely willing to pay low to moderate cost for software if it provides versatility. Are their any DTS or DD TrueHD encoders on the cheap (available by other means of course )? I have allot of DVD's that I own and the quality never does them justice with my HD tv's and audio decoders so I usually find the BluRay rips which have incompatible audio formats at times...for example I come across allot of 6 channel and even 8 channel AAC files that my decoder just down mixes to Dolby Digital Pro Logic IIz instead of DD 5.1 or DTS 6 channel discrete...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nateo200 View Post
    Hmm okay thanks sounds good! I am most definitely willing to pay low to moderate cost for software if it provides versatility. Are their any DTS or DD TrueHD encoders on the cheap (available by other means of course )? I have allot of DVD's that I own and the quality never does them justice with my HD tv's and audio decoders so I usually find the BluRay rips which have incompatible audio formats at times...for example I come across allot of 6 channel and even 8 channel AAC files that my decoder just down mixes to Dolby Digital Pro Logic IIz instead of DD 5.1 or DTS 6 channel discrete...
    Sorry, I can't give you any help with that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nateo200 View Post

Are their any DTS or DD TrueHD encoders on the cheap (available by other means of course )?
    "No" to that question on both Windows and Mac. You want something cheap that supports those then you are looking for warez.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to mac forum and please do not ask for help on obtaining warez apps.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi.

http://www.angelfire.com/mac/rnc/files/MoreTools.html

MoreMissingTools will do the job you want on most VOB files demuxed into video codec audio and video files.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/17157/aiff-from-pcm

AIFF from PCM, costing 99 cents from the App Store, will convert DVD uncompressed audio into Apple's AIFF audio format, which is the Mac equivalent of WAV.

You might also need Perian, YadeX, and MPEG Streamclip - well, you would if you wanted the same suite of audio/video play tools I use. And very likely the Quicktime MPEG2 Playback component from Apple (which they charge for).

YadeX will demux unencrypted DVDs into 'source' format video and audio files; MPEG Streamclip will give you multiple demux options from unencrypted DVDs.

Enjoy... I hope,

Michael
    Quote Quote