VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently purchased a Pioneer DVR-520H recorder. The only problem I am having is with the naming of the program that it records. I am not referring to manually entering a program name, but rather the name the unit assigns to the program when doing timed recordings. When I use VCR+ to schedule a recording, the unit will always assign a program name to that program after the recording is complete. And, almost always it is the name of the program that follows, not the one it just recorded. I have contacted Pioneer tech support and they did not have an answer. I have Adelphia cable, and it is connected directly to the 520-H. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've got a 420, same recorder minus firewire. What the recorder does is it titles the recording according to the last program it recorded. So obviously it's titling your recordings because of what's running after the show you recorded. The fix? Make sure your recorder's time is set EXACTLY right, down to the second. I set mine by my local TV guide channel as it's dead on as far as accurate timing is concerned. With EXACTLY the right time it should stop recording before it rolls over to the next program, and it should title it correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. I had my 520 recorder time set to auto and to a PBS channel, but after reading your response I set the time manually according to my TV guide channel as you suggested. So far it has recorded the correct titles. Thank you so much for your help.

Vern
    Quote Quote