VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I authored a DVD in DVD Studio Pro that when played on some computer DVD players the user cannot seek forward on the "timeline" in the DVD player software. They can skip, FF/RW, etc. but cannot just pick a spot to click on and jump to that. I have all user operations enabled for all the tracks. On my Mac with the built in DVD Player software it works, but the same disc played on a Windows machine does not allow me to seek in Windows Media Player, but PowerDVD will on the same machine. Any thoughts what would cause that or how to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your assuming that both the media brand your using and the drives having issues are apt.

Use verbatim dvd-r ... and set burn speed to 4x should help with some of the older dvd drives.

As for the difference between media players ... there are a few problems thou for windows media player it may simply be the default decoder for playback dose not work well ... install ffdshow should solve that seek issue.

In fact install ffdshow on all affected computers first and see how that performs ... it might be all you need to do.
    Quote Quote