VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking for a tool to convert a single image (.png, .jpg, .bmp, etc) to a 5 second avi video. I usually use Sony Vegas Movie Studio 6.0, but the max resolution it will let me use 800x800. I need the video to be 1280x1024. Is there a free tool that can do this?

Edit: I could do it in VirtualDub or Avidemux, but I would have to open/append the image 150 times to make it 5 seconds long at 30fps.

Edit: Here is the solution I have come up with so far: Instead of manually appending the file 150 times, I created 150 copies of the file (150frames/30fps = 5seconds). I wrote a script using Python to copy the files, so I didn't have to copy/paste/rename every file . Then I opened the first image with VirtualDub and made sure that "Automatically load linked segments" was checked.
    Last edited by Deluge; 19th Sep 2010 at 00:38.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Make an AviSynth script:

ImageSource("C:\Path\To\Picture.BMP",End=149,FPS=3 0)

That plays the picture for 5 seconds. Open it in VDub and encode to whatever you like.

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/ImageSource
    Quote Quote  
  3. Very nice, thank you. Just to avoid confusion for anyone reading this post, it should be "FPS=30" not "FPS=3 0".

Code:
    ImageSource(\"C:\Path\To\Picture.BMP\",End=149,FPS=30)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I wrote it without the space but for some reason it showed up here with a space. After posting I tried to correct it and it didn't take. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Deluge View Post
    I am looking for a tool to convert a single image (.png, .jpg, .bmp, etc) to a 5 second avi video. I usually use Sony Vegas Movie Studio 6.0, but the max resolution it will let me use 800x800. I need the video to be 1280x1024. Is there a free tool that can do this?

Edit: I could do it in VirtualDub or Avidemux, but I would have to open/append the image 150 times to make it 5 seconds long at 30fps.

Edit: Here is the solution I have come up with so far: Instead of manually appending the file 150 times, I created 150 copies of the file (150frames/30fps = 5seconds). I wrote a script using Python to copy the files, so I didn't have to copy/paste/rename every file . Then I opened the first image with VirtualDub and made sure that "Automatically load linked segments" was checked.

How about in VirtualDub, load single image file then Video > Frame rate
    Source rate adjustment, Change frame rate to (fps) .2 ( 5 seconds @ 30 fps =150 frames then 30fps/150 frames = .2 fps)
    Frame rate conversion - Convert to 30
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sambat View Post
    How about in VirtualDub, load single image file then Video > Frame rate
    Source rate adjustment, Change frame rate to (fps) .2 ( 5 seconds @ 30 fps =150 frames then 30fps/150 frames = .2 fps)
    Frame rate conversion - Convert to 30
    Exactly.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	framerate.png
Views:	3890
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	3521

Set "Change frame rate to" to 1/duration_in_seconds. For example: 1/5 = 0.2. Set Convert to FPS to the desired frame rate of the output video.
    Quote Quote