VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Im trying to burn a pile of small mp4 clips to dvd, all are less than 5 mins long and about 5 mins in length. The quality is fairly poor at 20 fps and when added to any dvd authoring software, it inflates the filesize to about 250 mb. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    filesize = bitrate x time. so choose a lower bitrate.

p.s. welcome to the forum
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. The original nitrate is about 256, I set that as well but still does the same.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you trying to convert to DVD (mpeg-2) ? What program are you using ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've tried with sonys vegas add on dvd authoring thing. I found somewhere in the settings and changed nitrate from 2000 to 512 but nothing changed. I tried some no name freebie dvd prog that had no settings. All I chose output to dvd. I've done alot of video converting and burning years ago and never had an issue piling a bunch of mini clips to one dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't really know what you have in mind. Mpeg-2 for DVD is in the range of 2500 - 9000 kbps (approx).

When you use an all-in-one (mpeg-2 encoding and authoring, possibly burning) tool,
    you add you clips and the program will try to maximize the bitrate to give the best quality.
    The bitrate calculated has to do with the running time of the clips (minutes and seconds)
    not their size in MB.

Why would you want to skimp on the bitrate? Once the disk is written, it's finalized.
    Not as if you can add anything to it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Id like to squeeze 6 hours of video on one dvd, like slp mode got vhs. Since the original video is crappy anyway, no need for a higher nitrate. Can't make a bad video look better by increasing bitrate. The way its going now, maybe get 45 mins to an hour
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Then something isn't working right, Try an all in one program like AVStoDVD.
    Open it up and set your preferences. (PAL or NTSC being the most important)

Add all your source files to the project. The program will determine a bitrate so that all the files
    fit on the disk . Give it a try.
    https://www.videohelp.com/download/AVStoDVD_234_Install.exe
    Quote Quote  
  9. Sweet, i'll check it out. Thanks
    Quote Quote