VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    But do my eyes deceive me when I do not see them ?
    You don't see them in zerowalker's samples?
    [Attachment 11186 - Click to enlarge]
    No. I meant on my own captures.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK. Here is a brief sample using the Hauppuage.

This is a raw cap, no additional filtering and just a direct export via vdub to reduce the length of the original

If the issue is here then I will shut up and you can call me Shirley.

Of course, if the issue is there I may not have noticed it since I have grown used to it.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why is it RGB32?
    Or is Avisynth failing on decoding properly?

And i donīt really see it, donīt know if the RGB ruins it, donīt think so though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do not have the knowledge to question the difference between RGB16/24/32. I just did the capture 'out of the box' ie the settings that the capture program provided.

I may have altered them before but I simply do not remember as I rarely do lossless capture - usually DV transcoded to Mpeg2.

I will add that I did not do the cap using vdub. I did that using the WinTv program.

Beyond this, maybe others would like to comment on this sample.
    Quote Quote  
  5. in Lagarith, have you Checked Force RGB or something like that?
    If so uncheck it.

I think itīs what makes it RGB instead of YUY2.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
    Got an answer on the QTGMC thread.

MergeChroma(SeparateFields().Blur(0,1).Weave())

Is this correct?
    That's about the same as BilinearResize.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Oh, so it still doesnīt do it Perfectly?

I noticed there is a Kernel Deinterlacer, does it work as you mean?
    Thought as a deinterlacer, as then it should be possible to just blur it with kernel somehow.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Shirley here again.

Thinking back, I did set that 'force RGB' in an attempt to use a previous capture in my editor of choice. IIRC I was getting colour issues with reds appearing as greens or something like that.

I have now reset the paramaters and done another practically identical capture and hopefully now as YUV2.

Comments will be welcome.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Well i donīt see any Phase Problems, donīt know what to say;O
    If itīs handled by the card or what;O
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suppose it could be the capture chip - this card uses a BT878.

Maybe the conextant is inferior in that way. More than that I simply do not know.

But it still puzzles me about jagabo's comment about the lines always being present. AFAIK this was an analogue capture.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Well it probably is better, my card is pretty old i guess, and itīs Y/C it worthless;S

Yeah well, donīt know what to think, will wait for Jagabo or someone else to make their analysis
    Quote Quote  
  12. Do you have a game console which you can capture from?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How old is old ? I think I bought this card in 2005 but it was already 'old-stock' by then.

Sorry. I do not have a game console. My head hurts even when I played Kong. But I do ask what difference that could make. The card captures a signal. And you did say you had the same issues whether it was dvd,VHS or console. I chose not to capture from dvd just in case that gave a false report.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I wanted to see how good your card is against mine with "cleaning" the capture, as Game Consoled are very clean.
    DVDs are also clean though.

Well i really have no idea, i bought mine on Ebay in Sweden, http://www.msi.com/product/mm/TV-nywhere-Plus.html#?div=Overview

There is a link, from the FAQ i would guess itīs from 2005/6, though i saw know that it has 9bit, isnīt analog supposed to capture 10 bit?

Oh doesnīt seem to be my model, i guess mine is older;S
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just checked my older posts. The card, a winTv PCI, was bought in 2007. But I think that Hauppuage discontinued it in c2005.

The only reason I got it was due to the BT878 as it supports PAL60. I had bought an Ati-All-In-Wonder and the older models also supported PAL60. But the 2006 model did not.

If you really want it, I can do a dvd capture but not tonight.
    Quote Quote  
  16. It would be nice if you could do it, you know like som Really clean place, so i can see how it handles the colors etc
    Cause it would really be awesome if itīs better than mine.

Btw what connections does it have?
    Please say it has S-video ;O
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
    Well i donīt see any Phase Problems, donīt know what to say;O
    If itīs handled by the card or what;O
    The card filtered them out. You're stressing about this way too much. Just use one of the filters we've already discussed. A 50:50 mix of pairs of lines may be more technically accurate but it's not visually superior to blur, resize, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  18. nice, that should be better than avisynth i guess?
    But more importantly is how i handles dot crawl;O

though i have read that NTSC dot crawl is a walk in the park, but PAL is impossible;S
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
    There is a link, from the FAQ i would guess itīs from 2005/6, though i saw know that it has 9bit, isnīt analog supposed to capture 10 bit?
    VHS only has about 5 bits of real signal. The rest is noise. 8 or 9 bit capture is sufficient.
    Quote Quote  
  20. oh, nice, didnīt know that
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
    nice, that should be better than avisynth i guess?
    No.

Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
    But more importantly is how i handles dot crawl;O

though i have read that NTSC dot crawl is a walk in the park, but PAL is impossible;S
    Yes, PAL dot crawl is more difficult from what I've seen.
    Quote Quote  
  22. What;O
    Itīs not better;S?

Why?

Yeah, there Only good thing about PAL is, the higher resolution..
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
    What;O
    Itīs not better;S?

Why?
    Because they're just filtering in software, the same as AviSynth. It all depends on what algorithm they use vs what algorithm you use in AviSynth. But with the card you are stuck with what the drivers do.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Oh, i thought it just skipped the lines through hardware decoding.

But well, Avisynth is almost perfect then, itīs just to get it working with the Kernel thing you talked about.

I could not find any information on it, but i donīt even know how it works, but would like to see it working through some kind of function,
    How was the thing i copied before, any luck with that?

EDIT:

Missed your previous post about that itīs not visually superior etc.

But which way do you recommend then, of those you have seen?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
    But which way do you recommend then, of those you have seen?
    I need to see some noise free caps with a good picture variations to decide.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll post this dvd sample. This is the Spanish release of 'The Devils' which was 2.35:1 in a 4:3 frame which is why you see the sub-titles below the picture.

If this is not a good sample, maybe someone can suggest some titles which will give good contrasts.

Interesting discussion about the bars I must say. Only ever been to one bar in Hanover.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  27. I will Capture some Xbox with PAL Composite, that should be pretty Clean i guess.

And the DVD samples has the Hanover bars, either that or itīs some messed up crosstalk;O
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you watching the same vid?

I simply can not see them even with a frame by frame scan.

[This post has been sponsored by iamnowconfusedmyself.com]

PS This is a composite capture. The card AFAIK does not have a s-video connection.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Check the Text, itīs most apparant there, see that itīs Red then Green, and it "rolls" one line upp every frame.

Oh, thatīs to bad, as i really need to be able to have S-video;S

Here is a capture from my Xbox, itīs a playback though as i noticed a weird problem or what to call it.
    Itīs an Anime as itīs easiest to see it there, as itīs Much Colors.

The weird problem is though, that it only appears in like the first 4th half on top.

Donīt really know why thought;S

But i also have other problems with my card, it can make som blur flashes on top, maybe itīs connected somehow.

Here is Two Samples. Spider is the one flashing on top (sorry for the noise, itīs very old)
    The other one is the Anime playback on Xbox.

Everything captured with Composite.

Added two pictures with two different Sharpness settings on my card. First is Sharpness set to 1 (0 is lowest), other one is 4 (highest)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sharp 1.bmp
Views:	68
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	11210  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sharp 2.bmp
Views:	72
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	11211  

Image Attached Files
    Last edited by zerowalker; 28th Feb 2012 at 06:41.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK. There is some disturbance in the text when you look at it frame by frame . Now I have pretty poor eyesight and when I play it back at normal speed I can not see it.

But this is a bad example. Text is usually in the standard picture frame. And I was not even looking at this text (with a little effort I would have removed it at capture time as I simply do not need it but with this disk it is a real PITA to cancel it in playback)

I do not do anime. I will check my collection to see if I have any animation but do not hold your breath on it.

I looked at the 2 latest samples. Lines are quite evident. I would have thought that the flashing is due to a weak signal. The second clip looks like VHS so how can that be Xbox ?
    Quote Quote