VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I shot a movie on HDV. The MPEG2-TS file plays perfectly. Now I want to make a blu-ray disc with this movie. Sony's 'Click-to-disc-editor' and Adobe's 'Encore' both transcode the MPEG2-file before burning to Blu-Ray. The resulting BDAV-file not plays smoothly no more. Any movement is like 2 steps forward and 1 step backward. I tried with upper-field first and lower-field first and H264-codec, but everytime the same result. What I do wrong and how I can correct this ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try multiavchd and see if it can make a standard blu-ray from it. No reconversion.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks but I have downloaded this program and get a virus warning (Delphi Gen -> dropper).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Creating the BDAV-file with TSRemux gives no problem but then I have no sound...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming you are using an HDV camera...........it records Mpeg audio. This is not compliant Blu-Ray audio spec. The fix is simple, just demux your streams to xxx.m2v and xxx.mpa. Then convert the audio to ac3 and remux using TsMuxeR.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The two step forward one step back error usually means reversed field order. HDV is top field first.

Keep original interlace MPeg2 video if possible for best quality. Do not convert to h.264 which will usually cause deinterlace. Audio will need conversion to AC3 at stated above.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by quantumfire
    I tried with upper-field first and lower-field first and H264-codec, but everytime the same result. What I do wrong and how I can correct this ?
    There may be two field order settings within your editor. One for the source's field order and one for the output field order. If the requested output field order is not the same as the source's field order the editor will swap the field order (this can be done by shifting the frame up or down by one scanline or by recombing fields from adjacent frames).

For example, if the editor thinks your source's field order is BFF, but it's really TFF, and you tell it to output as BFF, the encoder will simply flag the output as BFF -- which will be wrong. If you tell the encoder to encode as TFF it will swap the field order of the source, converting it to BFF, then encode and flag it as TFF -- it's still wrong. You need to convince it your source is TFF so it doesn't screw up.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    With TMPGEnc Authoring Works there is not a problem with the movement but with this program you see sometime's an artifact / glitch in the video that was not there in the original MPEG2-TS HD-file.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It all depends on the hardware and software you are using for playback it seems. With Power DVD on my VAIO the Blu-Ray disc plays with interlacing-problem. With Vista mediaplayer it plays OK. With KMPlayer the interlacing is OK but then sometimes artifacts in the BDAV-file but not when playing the original MPEG2-TS HD-file. Does anyone have experience with playing selfmade Blu-Ray discs on standalone players using LCD/PLASMA/PROJECTORS for playback ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm going to start authoring BD in a few days and I think I should not have any problem with it. But just in case I let you know my workflow so if you can give some advice... I'm shooting on a SONY Z7 with the Hard Disc unit which makes .m2t files. Then I edit the stuff in Adobe Premiere CS 3 (on a PC with a Matrox RTX.2). Finally I export the edit and make a Blu Ray with Adobe Encore CS 3. Please if you can warn me about anything it would help me to keep my job!!!

Thanks
    Quote Quote