VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The newest version (3.1.6.0) of Xmedia Recode has enormous errors.
    When i try to transcode videos with the FFv1 codec , the "coder type" and "context model" options transformed into numbers...

See the problem:

Click image for larger version

Name:	xmediaproblems.png
Views:	323
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	18012
    Last edited by Stears555; 23rd May 2013 at 08:15.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Bug... Use another version.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I still use XMR on occasion. I use it for changing audio in MKVs without changing the video. Takes about one minute to do that. It's one of the few programs that perform that function. Previous versions allowed you to insert multiple MKVs. With this new version if you try to modify the second MKV the screen fills up with additional parts of their other screens. It still works one MKV at a time though.

I looked at the most recent comment re: this program and the one thing that stuck out to me was that XMR may have set a record for comments [most of them listing problems] 176. That has to be a record.

I usually download every 3rd or 4th version to see how it works and usually the new version has additional problems and the older problems are still there. I'm still using 3149.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thats the fun with XMR.
    Try different versions and find what works for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So just uninstall it and reinstall the last version you had that worked. Does the newest version have some new functionality you can't do without? I doubt it. They usually don't.

I think the unspoken bargain with a lot of freeware is that you get free software and the developer gets free beta testers. The only problem is they don't make it clear that you're a beta tester. I won't bite. I pretty much gave up on windows beta versions a while ago (actually I've almost given up on windows period), and on linux I stick to beta tested repositories.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    So just uninstall it and reinstall the last version you had that worked. Does the newest version have some new functionality you can't do without? I doubt it. They usually don't.

I think the unspoken bargain with a lot of freeware is that you get free software and the developer gets free beta testers. The only problem is they don't make it clear that you're a beta tester. I won't bite. I pretty much gave up on windows beta versions a while ago (actually I've almost given up on windows period), and on linux I stick to beta tested repositories.
    No, this is no freeware problem only. Most commercial program comes a lot of bug.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The whole development of Xmedia Recode is an enormous error. Some people shouldn't be allowed to think they are programmers.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by gkotse View Post
    The whole development of Xmedia Recode is an enormous error. Some people shouldn't be allowed to think they are programmers.
    "Quality Management" or "Quality Assurance" or "Testing" is not programming. It is another department of software development.
    Quote Quote