VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A demuxed .sup file loaded into DvdSubEdit, and a selected subpic saved as a bitmap is a 720x576 image.
    If the same original .sup file has been opened and exported from BDSup2Sub loaded into DvdSubEdi, the image is 720x480.
    The .sup is from an NTSC source.
    The attached image shows the relative sizes and effect.
    It's not a serious issue, but I'd like to know why different sized images are created.
    It doesn't matter if I select the 'wrong' ifo file, the effect is the same.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboardx.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	30973  

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can't you select output format in dvdsubedit? 720x480(NTSC) or 720x576(PAL).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see that listed as an option, but....it seems to be only the one particular DVD made from a TV recording that shows this symptom.
    I did some more testing with other DVD's made from recordings and found that after demuxing the sup file that they had no problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No, it's your software and its inappropriate operation (or settings, or usage). By the reading of the OP, can't tell which one, though.

A subpic is an image, with stated, fixed resolution, just like any other image. If your underlying video is 720x576 (PAL-based), then your appropriate subpic is also that. If NTSC-based (720x480), then the subpic follows that.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's the sup, ifo file and MediaInfo on the source.

https://www.mediafire.com/?q9jipdp3fbg839t
    Last edited by sambat; 2nd Apr 2015 at 15:43. Reason: ****up - uploaded wrong files
    Quote Quote