VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have several 1080i 25fps TV shows that I need to convert to 720p 50fps every day. Normally I would use Avisynth however it would take too long to create an index file and remux the output for every video (you need to mux back the audio with the video).

Can anyone recommend a good program that can convert videos with or without Avisynth and without needing to create an index file or having to remux the converted files? So basically it reads the source file and after the encoding is complete it gives you the .ts/m2ts/mkv or .mp4 file back. Ideally it should support Avisynth but it doesn't matter if it doesn't.

Ideally the encoder should allow AAC to AC3 conversion on the video as well and amplifying by increasing the dB.

I've tried VidCoder which doesn't support Avisynth. It's OK but the only decent deinterlace option is Bob which isn't as good as QTGMC or Yadif which I can use with Avisynth.

I'm looking for something which uses x264.
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 11th May 2014 at 16:53.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, that kinda sound like my batch files
    Quote Quote  
  3. MeGUI has a OneClick encoder. It's quite configurable, it can auto crop, de-interlace, resize etc (or not if you so choose), batch encode, and it can use Avisynth templates. The whole configuration, including audio conversion, can be saved as OneClick presets.

I'm pretty sure MeGUI will index each file as it goes (I don't use the OneClick encoder myself) and do the remuxing for you, so there's no need to do it manually or wait around for indexing to complete. You can open video via DirectShow when creating scripts for encoding "manually" but I'm not sure if you can force it to do the same when using the OneClick encoder. It's pretty easy to add QTGMC to an MeGUI/AVisynth template.

There's no ability to output ts files, but it'll do m2ts.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FYI VidCoder does support YADIF (use slow or slower for YADIF x2)

If you want QTGMC you might try Hybrid. Its my goto tool when Handbrake or VidCoder can't cut it! Its got a little
    bit of a learning curve but well worth it. Besides its free and its developer is a regular to this forum.

Best of luck!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    However I don't think it has batch support (never needed it myself)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    MeGUI has a OneClick encoder. It's quite configurable, it can auto crop, de-interlace, resize etc (or not if you so choose), batch encode, and it can use Avisynth templates. The whole configuration, including audio conversion, can be saved as OneClick presets.

I'm pretty sure MeGUI will index each file as it goes (I don't use the OneClick encoder myself) and do the remuxing for you, so there's no need to do it manually or wait around for indexing to complete. You can open video via DirectShow when creating scripts for encoding "manually" but I'm not sure if you can force it to do the same when using the OneClick encoder. It's pretty easy to add QTGMC to an MeGUI/AVisynth template.

There's no ability to output ts files, but it'll do m2ts.
    A while back I chose something else instead of MeGUI for Avisynth encoding because I couldn't get MeGUI to work properly.
    I don't suppose you have any settings for it do you?

Originally Posted by Dougster View Post
    FYI VidCoder does support YADIF (use slow or slower for YADIF x2)

If you want QTGMC you might try Hybrid. Its my goto tool when Handbrake or VidCoder can't cut it! Its got a little
    bit of a learning curve but well worth it. Besides its free and its developer is a regular to this forum.

Best of luck!
    What do you mean by "x2" in regards to Yadif? So if I want Yadif on VidCoder then do I still need to select a deinterlace option or do I just need to encode on the Slow or Slower preset and it will automatically deinterlace with Yadif? I always use the Very Fast preset as I've found it gives the best quality and the lowest file size compared to the slower speeds. So I'm hesitant to try to slower speeds.

I'm familiar with Hybrid for muxing but I've no idea how to use it to re-encode with QTGMC? Do you have any settings please? Does it support Avisynth or is QTGMC just one of it's filters?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    x2 YADIF just looks to the frames before and after and makes little tweeks to the YADIF deinterlacer. But I usually use
    the 'Bob' in VidCoder or Handbrake (basically the same software!) but I use it under decomb instead of deinterlace, set the
    framerate to 'Constant' and 'Same as source' to keep audio in sync when I re-encode DVD's.

QTGMC deinterlacing option is under the filter tab in Hybrid.
    However it seems to be there when I use an .mkv file as input but not when I use a DVD structure (VIDEO_TS)
    as input.
    Last edited by Dougster; 11th May 2014 at 18:10.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I say slow or slower I'm talking about de-interlacing options in the filters tab and not the video tab.
    That would be something different.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have done automated conversions m2t into mp4, where you drag & drop m2t files (1080i) and it can make 720p double fps, it is set to QTGMC, but that is overkill for HD, you can use Yadif 2x, you'd just add one line in "M2T to 720p mp4.BAT" in part where Avisynth script is created, and delete lines that load QTGMC plugins or execute QTGMC.

IT IS using DGindex, but behind scenes , so not sure if it is acceptable for you.
    It loads audio as AC3, mp2 and wav and changes it into m4a, so you can give it a shot if DGindex would work with your videos. If you know batch script, you can dig in it, it uses ffmpeg for audio conversion, x264 for video conversion, you just try to find something that normalizes audio in ffmpeg and add it to it, you can modify one line to use Yadif (QTGMC is kind of overkill for HD video especially you convert to 720p and it is too slow). You can do whatever you want with it, or that particular subroutine "encode_720p.BAT" ...
    Last edited by _Al_; 11th May 2014 at 19:30.
    Quote Quote  
  10. To the best of my knowledge, Vidcoder's "slower" de-interlacing is Yadif de-interlacing to "half frame rate" (25fps for PAL or 29.970fps for NTSC) and it's Bob de-interlacing is "Yadif with Bob", de-interlacing to "full frame rate" (50fps or 59.940fps). ie The Avisynth equivalent of Vidcoder's "Bob" would be Yadif(mode=1). Someone may be able to correct me if that's wrong.
    The way I remember it is if you enable de-interlacing under the de-interlaing filter you always get a constant frame rate output when "same as source" is selected, at either "half" or "full" frame rate. Enabling it under the decomb filter can output a variable frame rate according to whether Vidcoder thinks a frame is different to the previous one.... unless you specify a constant frame rate. Or something like that.....

Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    A while back I chose something else instead of MeGUI for Avisynth encoding because I couldn't get MeGUI to work properly.
    I don't suppose you have any settings for it do you?
    I use it pretty regularly without a problem, although I pretty much never use the OneClick encoder myself. MeGUI requires at least dot net frame work version 2, the Haali Media Splitter (ffmsindex likes it for indexing some file types but I think it's required mainly for DirectShow decoding) and you need to manually put NereoAACEnc.exe in the MeGUI\tools\eac3to folder for AAC encoding. It comes with a portable version of Avisynth but it'll use an "installed" version if you prefer. That's about it.

It's pretty easy to create script template which de-interlaces with QTGMC. You can add whatever you want to a script template, save it, and specify the desired template in a OneClick encoder configuration. I'm not sure what settings you'd need as such, but I could try to help if you run into any problems setting it up.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 11th May 2014 at 20:27.
    Quote Quote  
  11. However I don't think it has batch support (never needed it myself)
    It does, simply drop multiple files/folders at once in it. (it can even monitor a folder )
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!