VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm new at all, so I'm interested in the followingHow to resize bluray example 47gb to 23.7gb and how to add subtitle and burn bd ,but i like to minimal losse in quality.
    Please hel me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    thanks bu how to add subtitles
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There is nothing I know in the BluRay world that works like MuxMan+VOBBlanker does in DVDs to add subtitles so unless someone knows differently, you will have to reauthor the BluRay to add the subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Maybe rip the original blu ray as an mkv with MakeMkv, add the subtitle to the mkv with mkvmergegui, then import into BD Rebuilder to compress and make the blu ray output?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Maybe rip the original blu ray as an mkv with MakeMkv, add the subtitle to the mkv with mkvmergegui, then import into BD Rebuilder to compress and make the blu ray output?
    This might work, but Stefajdov should realize that if he does this, he will lose the original menus and all extras. But if he only wants the movie, this is a good idea to try.

I say "might work" because I have never done it so I can't guarantee it will work, but I think the chance of it working is very good.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    Keep at least one subtitle in BD_RB. When it starts to mux, abort. Rename your PGS sub to match the one in the work folder. Replace the one in the work folder with yours. Resume the process. No guarantees but it should work. Note that if your are doing full disc and/or have more than 1 sub you must make sure you replace the correct one.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stefajdov View Post
    I'm new at all, so I'm interested in the followingHow to resize bluray example 47gb to 23.7gb and how to add subtitle and burn bd ,but i like to minimal losse in quality.
    Please hel me.
    What does "minimal" mean?
    lower bitrate for half the original file size + re-encode = lowered quality. There's no way around it.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 15:06.
    Quote Quote