VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have TMPEGENC 2.5 PLUS and I am trying to figure out how to take my SVCD (encoded at 480 x 576, which I've never seen before) and turn it into a VCD encoded at 352x240. Anyone have ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Go to the "how to" guides on the left and choose convert. Then look under "other conversions" For "how to rip the video from svcd to mpg." Follow the instructions to get your mpg2 file. The look under "how to convert to vcd or xvdd." Click on "how to convert to vcd with DVD2AVI and TMPG." There is your guide. Let us know how you make out. If you already have the svcd on your hard drive and it hasn't been authored to disc yet, just get the mpg2 plugin for TMPG in the tools section. It will let you load the file directly into TMPG.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DUDE THANKS! Now:

Is there a way to pause encoding in TMPEGENC so I can look at the vid to make sure it's right, and then continue encoding from where I paused?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not that I'm aware. Once you start encoding in TPMG you have to let it finish. My advice is to encode a few minutes of your film and then view it to see if you like the quality. If you do, just start over. It will only take a few minutes of your time. If you don't, play around with the settings or the filters. Another bit of advice, if you decide to use filters I would frameserve from virtual dub and use vdub's filters. I think they work better. Just my opinion of course. You can download virtualdub-mpeg2 from the tools section of this web site. It supports mpeg2 files
    Quote Quote