VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I am trying to follow the guide at doom9 for converting from DVD to Xvid. I used DVD2AVI to make my .d2v file and this is how i did it along with the settings. File open my VOB's and here are the main settings.

Video--> Field Operation Forced Film

Video--> Color Space YUV

Audio--> Track Number 1

Audio--> Dolby Digital Decode and Downmix

Audio--> 48--> 44.1 Off

Help--> VFAPI Plugin checked

File save as project die_hard1.d2v

Go into GK open d2v at the bottom here is the error message i get:

File is not a valid d2v project, avi or avs file!

Why can't i load it is my question? Thank you everyone.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe try dgindex instead of the old dvd2avi.

Or AutoGK, select dvd, xvid and convert. .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Maybe try dgindex instead of the old dvd2avi.

Or AutoGK, select dvd, xvid and convert. .
    I really don't want to use AutoGK. I just tried DGIndex and it gave me the same error in GK. It is not valid. Am i saving this wrong? File save Project? Or do i need to save it as a avi in DGIndex?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure why not use AutoGK for Xvid , but to each his own!...
    In dgindex >tick"save project and demux video...start VirtualDubMPEG2 ,open
    demuxed m2v and in audio setting tick "Browse for audio" source>save as Xvid avi.....

Edit: just noticed you want to use GK .....nevermind if you don't want to use VDMPEG2 either.....
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by t0nee1
    Not sure why not use AutoGK for Xvid , but to each his own!...
    In dgindex >tick"save project and demux video...start VirtualDubMPEG2 ,open
    demuxed m2v and in audio setting tick "Browse for audio" source>save as Xvid avi.....

Edit: just noticed you want to use GK .....nevermind if you don't want to use VDMPEG2 either.....
    I could use VDMpeg2 but i don't understand what you want me to do. Reading that sounds confusing.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Start Dgindex, go to File >open/add vob's you want converted, >"Save project and demux video" save and you'll have an .m2v file that you can open with VDM2....start VDM2 >open m2v that dgindex created> in audio setting "Browse to audio" that Dgindex created when you demuxed video ,in video setting, set video compression to Xvid mpeg4 and "Save as AVI "
    Perhaps this guide will help...
    http://www.bobsomers.com/articles/dvd-xvid-ac3/
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Start Dgindex, go to File >open/add vob's you want converted, >"Save project and demux video" save and you'll have an .m2v file that you can open with VDM2....start VDM2 >open m2v that dgindex created> in audio setting "Browse to audio" that Dgindex created when you demuxed video ,in video setting, set video compression to Xvid mpeg4 and "Save as AVI "
    Perhaps this guide will help...
    http://www.bobsomers.com/articles/dvd-xvid-ac3/
    I figured it out but the news is i can not at all use VDMPEG2 because i get errors. I am using VDMod so i do have a question or questions. VDMod don't have an audio tab. When i encode using VDMod do i still have audio in my movie after the encoding of Xvid? If not, how can i get the audio back into the movie?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In VDMod go to streams >stream list>available streams >add audio that was created by Dgindex when you demuxed the video>right click audio stream and check "full processing">right click audio stream and click "compression"set compression or leave at "no compression" press Ok, and save ......
    But do read the guide I posted,I'm sure it'll help...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In VDMod go to streams >stream list>available streams >add audio that was created by Dgindex when you demuxed the video>right click audio stream and check "full processing">right click audio stream and click "compression"set compression or leave at "no compression" press Ok, and save ......
    But do read the guide I posted,I'm sure it'll help...
    t0nee1,

I am encoding it now as XviD without audio. Is it possible to add the audio in after encoding? Do i do the above steps after encoding and when i save just go save as and set it for all files and uncheck the job?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did follow the guide.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes it is possible to add audio later, but if you follow the instructions you can
    process both the video and audio at the same time......just add the audio stream to project before saving,using the method I described above.....
    read this, scroll down to the audio part....
    http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/amvappvdubmod.html
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes it is possible to add audio later, but if you follow the instructions you can
    process both the video and audio at the same time......just add the audio stream to project before saving,using the method I described above.....
    read this, scroll down to the audio part....
    http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/amvappvdubmod.html
    Here is another question. When it comes time in stream list do i click "save as wav" Or do i click ok and then go to file save as?
    Quote Quote  
  13. If I gather correctly, you opened a video file with VirtualDUbMod, then added an audio stream. If you are happy with the audio codec used in the source (probably AC3 since your using a DVD as source) you don't have to do anything else with the audio. Just use File -> Save as AVI. The audio will be muxed in with the video.

If you want to convert the audio, right click on audio in the stream list and select Full Processing Mode. Then right click and select Compression... Select an audio codec (MP3?) and configure it the way you want. Then Save as AVI.
    Quote Quote