VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello

I have just today got a Samsung BD-E8500N/XE.
    I know that there is no region hack for it at the moment, but I really hope that it will be possible.
    At the moment I need to have my old DVD player, so I am able to see my region 1 DVD's.

Any idea what I could try?

I have tried what is listed in the Samsung BD-D threads, but without success.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hackable machines are rare these days. You should have done some research BEFORE you bought it. Sorry but there is no "nice" way to say it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Hackable machines are rare these days. You should have done some research BEFORE you bought it. Sorry but there is no "nice" way to say it.
    I needed this machine.
    No problem, if it is not hackable... the machine is more important, will "just" need to stay with two machines... but it would be nice it someone would be able to hack it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It is VERY difficult to unlock ANY BluRay player no matter who makes it.

Sony and Samsung players sold everywhere are almost impossible to unlock. If you bought the player in Australia, you may be able to unlock it. Usually the rest of the world can't unlock theirs. Australia has a rule that makes manufacturers produce unlockable DVD players. Sometimes the DVD only portion of various BD players sold in Australia can be unlocked.

So I know what you are going to say. Now you are going to say that if an Australian player can be unlocked, so can yours. You are welcome to try, but we really do have reports of ONLY players sold in Australia being unlockable and the exact same model sold elsewhere can't ever be unlocked. Do note that if you try to replace your firmware with Australian firmware to try to unlock it that you may destroy your player.

You want region free? Next time do NOT buy Sony or Samsung.
    Quote Quote