VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For me the easiest way to extract YouTube .flv files was to go to the Cache folder under Firefox Profiles and simply copy and rename it. If YouTube was the only video site, things would be sweet, but that's not the case.

I came across this video which I wish to save: Link , and I've tried looking under the Firefox Cache folder once the video has fully completed loading, to no avail. With this video, when you press play a 20-second advertisement plays through, followed by the music video (which is what I want to see). And of course, the 20-second advertisement shows up in the Firefox cache...

Tried the same thing in Internet Explorer under the Temporary Internet Files folder and no difference. To me it looks like a Flash video but NBC make it really hard to download. I know you can record this via Replay Video Capture, but that method looks lossy as hell, surely there's some other alternative to retrieve the video URL?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's an rtmp stream. Try StreamTransport or Coojah.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thankyou very much, that worked like a charm!

I'd never heard of RTMP streams before, are they fairly new and how do you identify them?
    Quote Quote