VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a film that is on 2 SVCD's and when I go to join them together I get an error saying that CD2 is different to CD1 yet they are from the same place and I would like help in changing the format so that I can join them toegther unless there is a program that can merge them even if the files are different
    Why are the best things things in life cost the most money?

Who stole the rest of my Signature, Own up, it was you, yeah you, thats it I am gonna come over there and ..........
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you converted the files to the same specs and then joined them it would work.
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I convert them into the same specs? and how do I find out what specs they are?

Who stole the rest of my Signature, Own up, it was you, yeah you, thats it I am gonna come over there and ..........
    Quote Quote  
  4. To convert to same specs I take it they are mpeg 1 (vcd) open up tmpgenc load the relevant template in the wizard and run them both through ?.

What is your intended medium dvd or vcd ?
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They are both MPEG2 files

I want to convert them into DVD

Cheers for your help

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the screen shot above is to indicate that the files are the same, you're mistaken - this shows the output settings in TPMGEnc (at least if your TMPGEnc is like mine).
    To boot, these are not valid as material for anything - not VCD, not SVCD, not DVD.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So how do I get a reading of the mpeg2 files and how do I change them so they are both the same?

Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is what happens when I try to join the files together

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to reencode both mpegs using the same settings for both files. As it's not clear what you want to do with this joined mpeg, I can't advise what specific settings to use, but one of VCD/SVCD/DVD templates is a good start...
    You could also try joinging them with mpgtx (make a Google search), which seems to have a switch allowing you to join 2 mpegs even if they differ in specs. If this joined mpeg will be useable is however doubtful...

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This may sound silly but drop them onto MF2.
    It has a good video properties display.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is a new idea to the thread...but it starts with a question....

How did you extract the mpg's from the svcd. If you simply copied them out and renamed them to mpg it won't work. You have to fix them when you extract them using isobuster (the link is on this site)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    JLR,
    Don't bother trying to join the MPGS from your 2 SVCDs, you'll almost have syncing problems.

The way to go is to grab a copy of SVCD2DVD. Its excellent program which will take you SCVD files (MPGs or BINs) then change them into MPGs that most authoring packages can use.

I run SVC2DVD to create PS MPGs (Audio + video muxed together) then use Ulead to author the DVD. In Ulead you can set the preferences to play the 2nd MPG clip straight after the first clip.

I've done a shed load like this and its by far the easiest method.

Hope it helps
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Should be (S)VCD2DVDMPG
    Quote Quote