VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I merge multiple avis with 123 audio video merger and use nero express to convert & burn the cd. when i put it in my dvd player i hear beeps while playing the disc.

my bro burned a video the same way as i did except he had a mpg video and didnt merge any together. It came out fine. The avi file didnt have any beeps when i play it on my pc. whats going on?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Without actually hearing the sound, it's hard to know exactly what you are hearing. I suspect you aren't actually hearing beeps but breaks in the audio stream where the files are connected to together or the audio stream wasn't properly converted and you are hearing digital after effects.

First, I would use a different tool for the conversion. Nero works for some things and doesn't for most and it's not a very good tool anyway. Try something like ConvertX2DVD. There are numerous others in the Tools section.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its a squeeking kind of beep. Sometimes i get a few seconds with no beeps, other times i get 2 in 1 second. it also stalls/pause when it happens sometimes.

It happens throughout the video, not when two episodes are joined. I tried other ways to convert it, i still get the problem.

i tried reencoding it again with a different program. i got the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would still expect it to be the conversion process.

Another possibility could be cheap media or bad burning. I've burned audio cd's in the past using crap media that produced various playback issues including similar type sounds when playing the discs.

To troubleshoot, perform the conversion and burning of the disc in seperate steps. After the conversion is completed, playback the files of disc image and see if the problem exists. If it does, it's the conversion process. If it doesn't, then try burning. If it exists again in the final disc, then it is a media/burning issue.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hmm ok.

I have a way to merge the avi videos together, i'll skip this for now.
    I know how to separate the audio from video using virtualdub, i'll try that.
    What can i use to convert an avi and a wav (or mp3 or mpa) to a svcd?
    and after i get this svcd how do i burn it?

i tried looking around, i cant find any tutorials to do the above, usually its to a dvd or bypass avi an wav conversion or something else.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HOW TO: Convert, then choose avi to SVCD. You will get a list of guides and the tools used.

Keep in mind, however, that by changing the process and tools used likely won't help troubleshoot your conversion to DVD issue. If you want to experiment with different tools and procedues, experiment doing conversions to DVD.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote