FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by Freelife2345 View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Hi is there anyone who can help? I have the vga to hdml cable but I'm not able to get it to work on my xp laptop. I went to control panel and already allow laptop to be extended to a different monitor but my efforts were to no avail.
    Can your old XP laptops play the video and produce a picture on their own display? If not, the vga to hdmi converter is not the cause of your problem. Yeah . I have connected my old laptop to my friends widescreen tv with vga input and s video input and both worked.

Can your old XP laptops' video cards output video at one of the converter's supported input resolutions, say a TV resolution like 720p or a widescreen monitor resolution like 720x1280 or 768x1366? . I think so.

What happens if you set up the laptop to clone its display on the TV instead of extending it?
    Where do I find this option? Maybe my laptop doesn't have it.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307873 Look at the Dualview section. Don't you know how to use a Search engine?
    Thanks I know how to use a search engine. I came across something similar to that page before. It didn't click right away cloning is the same as dual view. I tried and I don't think it works. thanks for your help.
    It is entirely possible that some older XP laptops would not be powerful enough to display video on a second monitor at an HD resolution.
    I hope not but it work on my friend hd tv from vga to vga. I wonder is there anymore settings I need to play around that I miss out
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What are that laptop models that you are using?

This is more likely a hardware limitation (ie: cpu and/or video card) and not a software issue.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Hi is there anyone who can help? I have the vga to hdml cable but I'm not able to get it to work on my xp laptop. I went to control panel and already allow laptop to be extended to a different monitor but my efforts were to no avail.
    Can your old XP laptops play the video and produce a picture on their own display? If not, the vga to hdmi converter is not the cause of your problem. Yeah . I have connected my old laptop to my friends widescreen tv with vga input and s video input and both worked.

Can your old XP laptops' video cards output video at one of the converter's supported input resolutions, say a TV resolution like 720p or a widescreen monitor resolution like 720x1280 or 768x1366? . I think so.

What happens if you set up the laptop to clone its display on the TV instead of extending it?
    Where do I find this option? Maybe my laptop doesn't have it.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307873 Look at the Dualview section. Don't you know how to use a Search engine?
    Thanks I know how to use a search engine. I came across something similar to that page before. It didn't click right away cloning is the same as dual view. I tried and I don't think it works. thanks for your help.
    It is entirely possible that some older XP laptops would not be powerful enough to display video on a second monitor at an HD resolution.
    I finally got it to work. Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!