VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I used to DV timestamp to insert the date/time taken of DV into all frames using DV timestamp software (http://www.dts8888.com/vDTS/vdts.htm).

Lately, I bought a HDR XR150. I see the video files with .MTS extension. I was able to import those files as it is into sony vegas movie studio platinum HD version 11 (latest). I would like to add date/time stamp automatically (extracted from video clip itself) using vegas software. Is it possible? could somebody please help me in detail?
    Unfortunately, another software from dts8888, does stamp .mts but those stamped files are 'unimportable' into vegas for some reason. Program hangs up.

Could somebody please help me out - in date/time stamping (of .mts files) automatically as in dts8888 in all frames and successfully import into vegas as .mts?

Please.....

drb
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    mts=avchd so try Visual AVCHD Time Stamp.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello Baldrick,
    That's the software that I tried and didn't work with vegas studio. It belongs to www.dts8888.com as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Right click media / Properties /

Click image for larger version

Name:	snap152.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	8984
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, I have already tried that. Problem is the stamped .mts files that are created with that program are unable to be opened up in Vegas studio. Vegas studio - hangs when I tried to add it to the timeline.

Are you saying probably I should choose .avi? Won't I loose quality if I convert from .mts to .avi through visual date stamp software?

Please...
    Quote Quote