VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As subtitle edit gives options to use executables for these builds but when you go to those github pages there is no exe available. i looked for them but haven't the foggiest how to create them either.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes i see that relates to the CTranslate branch but nothing to do with the WhisperX branch.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Danker1990 View Post
    ...but nothing to do with the WhisperX...
    You'll not find WhisperX "exe" anywhere. I couldn't manage to run it, maybe it's not compatible with Windows.
    Anyway, it's using CTranslate2 too, and other features there imo are pointless in SE.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
    ...but nothing to do with the WhisperX...
    You'll not find WhisperX "exe" anywhere. I couldn't manage to run it, maybe it's not compatible with Windows.
    Anyway, it's using CTranslate2 too, and other features there imo are pointless in SE.
    If that is the case why is it in the windows build if its a duplicate build based on the whisper faster code.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If that is the case why is it in the windows build if its a duplicate build based on the whisper faster code.
    So that you could ask!

PS:
    In the next version you'll find more "duplicates".
    Quote Quote  
  6. I've been chasing this down for a couple days for karaoke related reasons and I got it working with CTranslate2.

Use Purfview's Faster-Whisper binary from here. Make sure you also get the supporting libraries. Rename the 'whisper-faster.exe' to 'whisper-ctranslate2.exe' and then download the models.

Original info from a thread on Subtitle Edit's Github.

EDIT:

FYI: Subtitle Edit keeps models in '%USERPROFILE%\.cache' and copies the selected model to the whisper-faster folder. The first time you run a particular model it'll take a bit longer, but my actual runtimes showed faster-whisper/CTranslate2 to be 20%+ faster than Const-me. I also noticed that the GPU fan didn't run as hard.
    Last edited by davey222; 17th Aug 2023 at 16:26. Reason: grammar, extra details
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    In the next SE version there will be separate engine selection for "Purfview's Faster-Whisper".
    Btw, you can test it the latest beta.

For karaoke subtitles you can use "--highlight_words" to get karaoke style .srt or you can use "-f=lrc" to get .lrc subtitles.
    Quote Quote