VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have two dvds, with existing but broken menus, the audio buttons don't work properly. When I push these buttons, nothing happens, the player doesn't jump to the right audio track. I'm an absolutely beginner in dvd authoring, so when I tried to fix the problem with PgcEditor and DvdEditor, I haven't been succesful. What should I do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Better to establish some general info first.

1. Are these disks 'Home Made' or commercial ?
    2. Confirm that there are actually two audio tracks. Simplest way is load one main vob in to mediainfo and report back.
    3. Your player. Is it a stand-alone dvd-player or a software one. If software, then name the player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Better to establish some general info first.

1. Are these disks 'Home Made' or commercial ?
    2. Confirm that there are actually two audio tracks. Simplest way is load one main vob in to mediainfo and report back.
    3. Your player. Is it a stand-alone dvd-player or a software one. If software, then name the player.
    1. These disks are commercial.
    2. One of them has 3 audio tracks, but the corresponding buttons don't work in the menu, none of them. Another dvd has got a similar problem, I can't turn on the commentary track. It seems, that somebody tried to author the dvd beforehand, and made some mistakes.
    3. I use Windows Media Player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    3. Try play with another dvd player like vlc media player, mpchc or a commercial player like PowerDVD. Open dvd the dvd folder(video_Ts).

You could also try edit with DVDRemake Pro.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well if they are commercial they would not be 'broken' as you describe. Commercial means factory-pressed, case, artwork etc. If anyone has tampered with them they are no longer 'commercial'

Later versions of Windows Media Player can switch the audio from its own interface. Open the DVD Option Box at bottom of playback window. Select 'Special Features'/Audio. You should then be able to change the audio stream
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    3. Try play with another dvd player like vlc media player, mpchc or a commercial player like PowerDVD. Open dvd the dvd folder(video_Ts).

You could also try edit with DVDRemake Pro.
    I tried DVDRemake Pro, but I wasn't succesful. I'm a beginner, and I don't know, what should I rewrite in the IFO files. I edited some lines, but nothing happened.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Well if they are commercial they would not be 'broken' as you describe. Commercial means factory-pressed, case, artwork etc. If anyone has tampered with them they are no longer 'commercial'

Later versions of Windows Media Player can switch the audio from its own interface. Open the DVD Option Box at bottom of playback window. Select 'Special Features'/Audio. You should then be able to change the audio stream
    Yes, you're absolutely right, but I would like the menu to function correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  8. 1. These disks are commercial.
    It seems, that somebody tried to author the dvd beforehand, and made some mistakes.
    Buy the DVD and don't use Warez
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By your own admission you are a beginner. And editing dvd structures is not a task for a beginner.

More than that no one can give you absolute assistance since the .ifo file (which contains the commands) will be specific to the program that authored the dvd in the first place. All the pressing of a menu button does is to set some registers etc. which will then be read by commands before playback starts - you do not see a simple 'change audio to xxx'. What I can tell you is that SPRM 1 contains the current audio stream number.

All you can do is look at the commands for a audio button that does work and see if there is any logic to copy these commands to another button with appropriate variation.

If no button works, you have no chance with this approach. Re-authoring with simple programs will also not work since they do not normally build up the commands to switch audio (I may be wrong there since I have not tried) - you need to use more complex programs such as DVDLAB Pro. So if the player can do it then let the player do it. Stand-alones also allow for direct switching from the remote.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In pgcedit goto INFO > DVD COMMANDS ... once load choose "save as" down below and upload that file.

It should contain enough information to determine where the issue is.
    Quote Quote