VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi i trying to encode bluray with megui and getting same error on different presets

here's the SS

http://prntscr.com/4mm8ta

Preset's

program --level 4.1 --pass 2 --bitrate 1861 --stats ".stats" --threads 6 --deblock -3:-3 --keyint 249 --bframes 5 --b-adapt 2 --scenecut 48 --ref 8 --chroma-qp-offset -1 --vbv-bufsize 24000 --vbv-maxrate 24000 --qcomp 0.5 --rc-lookahead 60 --aq-strength 0.80 --cqm "jvt" --me umh --direct auto --subme 9 --trellis 2 --no-dct-decimate --no-fast-pskip --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --sar 1:1 --output "output" "input"

http://prntscr.com/4mmmav
    http://prntscr.com/4mmmdk
    http://prntscr.com/4mmmfr
    http://prntscr.com/4mmmik
    http://prntscr.com/4mmmkg

Script i used

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Compr essed\MeGUI\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("E:\BANG\BDMV\STREAM\00002.m2ts", fpsnum=24, fpsden=1)
    SetMTMode(2)
    Levels(17, 0.800, 255, 0, 255, coring=true)
    ColorYUV(gamma_y=128, gamma_u=256, gamma_v=256, off_y=-16,autowhite=true)
    crop(0, 130, 0, -130)
    Spline36Resize(1280,544) # Spline36 (Neutral)
    LSFmod()
    degrainmedian(mode=3)

is saying Error Slice=P but 2pass stats B and then is freeze after while but normal DVD RIP to x264 works

any help would be good and if you need more info on anything please let me know
    Quote Quote  
  2. That error might be from multithreading, take out the setmtmode in the avs script, and for FFVideoSource, set threads=1 . ffms2 can sometimes have trouble with transport streams

Those are not blu-ray compliant settings. For blu-ray, only 3 bframes are allowed --bframes 3 , 1280x544 is illegal resolution, 6 references at that resolution --ref 6, GOP max is 2sec or --keyint 48 (249 too long) if you have vbv-maxrate and bufsize set to 15000 or less
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for fast reply if you don't mind and have free time will you be able to send me preset for 720p and what resolution should be if is 720p I saw online most people had this resolution and I got that after auto corp
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry, I assumed you were encoding FOR blu-ray, not FROM blu-ray source . My bad

The multithreading suggestions still apply for your original error
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Sorry, I assumed you were encoding FOR blu-ray, not FROM blu-ray source . My bad

The multithreading suggestions still apply for your original error
    ohh k thanks and would i need to change the bframes and all this is for mHD 2.5GB 720P

this is my new setting same script though without Setmtmode

program --level 4.1 --pass 2 --bitrate 1861 --stats ".stats" --threads 12 --deblock -3:1 --keyint 240 --bframes 5 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid none --scenecut 48 --ref 8 --qpmin 10 --qpmax 51 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --cplxblur 18 --me umh --direct auto --subme 9 --trellis 2 --psy-rd 1.0:0.15 --sar 1:1 --output "output" "input"
    Quote Quote  
  6. The max b-frames setting shouln't affect it.

FFVideoSource("E:\BANG\BDMV\STREAM\00002.m2ts", fpsnum=24, fpsden=1, threads=1)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    The max b-frames setting shouln't affect it.

FFVideoSource("E:\BANG\BDMV\STREAM\00002.m2ts", fpsnum=24, fpsden=1, threads=1)
    ohh ya

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Compr essed\MeGUI\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("E:\BANG\BDMV\STREAM\00002.m2ts", fpsnum=24, fpsden=1,threads=1)
    Levels(17, 0.800, 255, 0, 255, coring=true)
    ColorYUV(gamma_y=128, gamma_u=256, gamma_v=256, off_y=-16,autowhite=true)
    crop(0, 130, 0, -130)
    Spline36Resize(1280,544) # Spline36 (Neutral)
    LSFmod()
    degrainmedian(mode=3)

and then preset setting

program --level 4.1 --pass 2 --bitrate 1861 --stats ".stats" --threads 12 --deblock -3:1 --keyint 240 --bframes 5 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid none --scenecut 48 --ref 8 --qpmin 10 --qpmax 51 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --cplxblur 18 --me umh --direct auto --subme 9 --trellis 2 --psy-rd 1.0:0.15 --sar 1:1 --output "output" "input"

it should work ya with out error??

and is my script ok for 720P mHD 2.5GB 2.51HRS movie length
    Quote Quote  
  8. I don't know, but I think it should work. I'm just guessing that was the problem (frame mixup between 1st & 2nd pass, from ffms2 problems and multithreading) . Some people mux it into mkv first, to avoid transport stream problems, or use other source filters

I don't know if your script is ok , because I havent seen the video. You did a bunch of levels adjustments that may or may not be "correct", and I'm guessing you probably oversharpened it
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I don't know, but I think it should work. I'm just guessing that was the problem (frame mixup between 1st & 2nd pass, from ffms2 problems and multithreading) . Some people mux it into mkv first, to avoid transport stream problems, or use other source filters

I don't know if your script is ok , because I havent seen the video. You did a bunch of levels adjustments that may or may not be "correct", and I'm guessing you probably oversharpened it
    ohh i did try with MKV as well with HD stream extractor and then it came out in mkv and used that it was same error i guess it was with the multi-thread but i tired same source same script with setmtmode and same preset and it works on there pc and not mine i don't know if some codec problem??
    Quote Quote  
  10. you still have other choices,
    for BD source, m2ts transport stream you can use DGavcIndex:
    demux m2ts using eac3to or ClownBD if you need GUI, load that h264 raw stream into File Indexer in MeGui, it will queue it for you to make dga index file, then Avisynth script creator pops up, you can add some lines of your in it, then save it, then load that script into Megui

without demuxing it first you might as well use directshowsource loading into avisynth but you have to have installed like ffdshow ...
    Quote Quote  
  11. i noticed 1 thing you have Reference frames=8 and bframes=5 , this is very stupid thing, reference frames must be no greater than bframes because reference frames look in bframes, in your case of bframes=5 you can go with reference frames=4 or 5

1 more thing try to use Flat matrices, JVT is useless and wrong approach when we deal with Quantizer Matrices
    Last edited by somespirit; 15th Sep 2014 at 03:58.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    thanks guys Ok i tired with below Preset and without Setmtmode it worked but it was only using 18% of my CPU as i have i7 3930 64GB ram

program --level 4.1 --pass 2 --bitrate 1861 --stats ".stats" --threads 12 --deblock -3:1 --keyint 240 --bframes 5 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid none --scenecut 48 --ref 8 --slices 4 --qpmin 10 --qpmax 51 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --me umh --subme 9 --partitions all --psy-rd 1.0:0.15 --colormatrix bt709 --sar 1:1 --output "output" "input"

any other way to increase??

thanks somespirit i am trying like you said with the below preset

program --level 4.1 --pass 2 --bitrate 1861 --stats ".stats" --threads 12 --deblock -3:1 --keyint 240 --bframes 5 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid none --scenecut 48 --ref 5 --slices 4 --qpmin 10 --qpmax 51 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --me umh --subme 9 --partitions all --psy-rd 1.0:0.15 --colormatrix bt709 --sar 1:1 --output "output" "input"

i'll post reply once is done and if there's way to use CPU more then 18% please let me know
    Quote Quote  
  13. You can encode parallel segments then append. If you do that, make you use --stitchable
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    You can encode parallel segments then append. If you do that, make you use --stitchable
    How do I do that do I use trim on avs script
    Quote Quote  
  15. Yes you can use trim() in the script
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!