VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This one is tricky. I have an existing .mpg file I've been able to view in the past, no problems at all. Recently, I tried to watch it again, and it acted very odd. I downloaded several new copies of the same mpg and found they all do the same thing. So I threw it in Virtual Dub and tried to convert it to Avi to see what happens. It wouldn't let me, says 'Mpeg-1 Audio Decode Error : Incomplete Frame'. So I told it 'No sound' and was able to save all the video, no problem.

So my question is, is there a way someone knows to repair that audio frame, or some program out there that will auto detect and remove bad frames while saving all the rest to a file? Or is there a codec maybe I'm missing?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have Virual Dub scan for bad frames. Select Video-->Scan video stream for errors.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Didn't seem to do much. It scanned the file, and did, absolutely nothing. I did however preview it and watch the frame count. It seems to freeze at 499. I don't know if that's the only one or not tho. Is there some way to say 'Ignore that frame' or is there something more I need to do after Scan Video for Errors?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Look in the C directory for the error log file.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't see any log in the C: or in the VirtualDub dir. It also says in Virtual Dub after I do the scan that 0 Frames Masked, 0 Frames Bad, 0 Good but Undecodable. Is there something else I can maybe try to fix the audio in this mpg?
    Quote Quote