VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am quite familiar with some of the tools and make my own home DVDs using Panasonics software, TMPGEnc, author with GUI for DVDauthor, run it through DVD Shrink and write with DVD decrypter. I also copy using DVD Fab Decrypter, etc.

I converted my home videos to DVD using the LG DVD recorder, but would now like to add different sections. Is it going to be easier to play and pause, using my VCR or should I try what the sticky says

"Use TMpgenc DVD Author if you just want to do basic cutting and joining. Select add DVD-Video and open the VIDEO_TS folder on your DVD.

Use Mpeg Video Wizard DVD if you want to advanced editing(transistions etc), add the vob files from the DVD.

If you still would like to use Windows Movie Maker or other tools you can convert to mpg with VOB2MPG and import. But it might not still work and then you have to convert for example DV-AVI with Mpeg StreamClip, Virtualdub-MPEG2, open the VOB/MPG and choose DV and export. "

I do not have TMPGEnc DVD Author. Any other advice or freeware?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am guessing that you are looking for a freeware editor as a substitute for TMpgenc DVD Author to do basic cutting and joining.

Cuttermaran is a decent editor, but you have to download and install MS .NET Framework on your computer, and you have to demultiplex your footage into separate audio and video files before importing. Rejig, VOBEdit, PgcDemux, and PVAStrumento, are free demultiplexers that seem to work for most people.

I haven't tried it, but some people like MPEG StreamClip for editing.

Most of the good pay editors have a free trial download. You could give them a try too. Check out the MPEG editors in the tools section of this website.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks

Will try tomorrow, evening in South Africa!
    Quote Quote