VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Memory was passed memtest. Installed k-lit 64 bit codecs. Initially installed 32bit versions it crashed. Tried most versions of xvid4psp but they either fail or complete 1/2 way through. Any ideas? Could I need all 64 bit codecs or avisynth? I installed the 64bit version of avisynth from doom. Strangely is some files work while some do not... like some mp4's do not while some avi work while some do not. I am just wondering if anyone here ever experience this on their 64 machines and which codecs are used or possibly the ATI catalyst 10.7+ drivers which I do not believe is the issue. On my vista 32 bit it works wonderfully for xvid4psp or xMedia Recode... with just 4gb mem while the Win7 64 bit has 8gb memory....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try something to monitor temps first and see if it's heat issue. it might also just be bad source files. otherwise this could be going down the "klite codec pack" wormhole.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    temps seems to be ok I am now testing downgrading xmedia to previous versions to see if it works without crashing x264.. which is the component crashed. I changed x264 as well to a newer version but that crashed too so testing other older versions now.v I have Klite Codec pack installed as well... temps are water cooled.
    Quote Quote