VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, I've probably downloaded 20 different things today just trying to get a movie off a dvd, cut the excess off the beginning and end, and then save/burn onto more DVD's.

Every one has:
    • not worked because it didn't have a codec or something
    • messed up the dimensions and scale
    • worsened the resolution
    • output a file 30gb+
    How would you guys do it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use dvd shrink in reauthoring mode.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if it's a commercial dvd it's most likely protected so start with either anydvd or dvdfab. then the easiest thing ot do is use dvdshrink, import it, set shrink to re-author, select the main movie, use the trimmer to cut what you want, and write the new files.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. You guys are awesome. It was literally taking 30-90 mins to rip/convert things before and they came out all screwed up. Seems like DVDShrink is the way to go.

This dvd isn't protected, and most of the work I do isn't. It's just a few people who want home videos cleaned up and labeled.

Any other programs or tips? Probably going to start a new thread on this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    use imgburn to burn the dvds and only use good quality blanks like verbatim(not the life series) or taiyo yuden(not the value line).
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yeah, I learned the good dvd/cdr lesson the hard way (piles of Memorex - someone should sue them).

Now... what if I wanted to convert these vobs to something editable in After Effects? Any wisdom on that kinda stuff?
    Quote Quote