VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm trying to make a dvd which plays in loop and displaying the menu each time the video finishes.

IE:
    first insert -> menu (for 2 minutes) -> video -> menu (2 minutes) -> video -> menu -> video.....

I can't find such an option in Tmpg DVD Author.

Does some free authoring programs can do that ????

Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

I take it you don't have any problem going back to the menu after the finish of the video? Your problem is getting the menu to show for exactly 2 minutes before then automatically playing the video again? If so, PGCEdit is your friend. Open the completed DVD in PGCEdit. Highlight the menu in the left window. Right-click and hit "Menu Buttons", and then hit "Edit" at the bottom of the new screen that opens up. There's a chance you may have to go View (at the top of the newest screen that opens)->Show Advanced Controls. In the "Advanced, global controls" in the bottom part of the newest screen is an option to "Force Action button after xxx seconds". Change whatever it says to 120 seconds. If the "Play" button isn't number 0, then you'll also have to use the slider just above. Then "OK" followed by "Close" to get back to the main screen, File->Save DVD, and test it out. If you manage to do something you don't like, just replace the IFOs which have been saved automatically and start over again. I've never had to do this, but I'm pretty sure it'll work.

Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. I will try this tip and post feedback.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've tried your solution, but the menu is not working anymore. It displays fine but it doesn't react to remove or keyboard when played in PowerDVD. It doesn't react after the timeout has expired.

Here is my settings I put in PGCEdit.

The button is numbered "1" so I set 1 to the settings.

What's wrong in my settings ????

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Gee, so it didn't work, eh? Then I apologize. I was pretty sure that would be how you'd do that. You put it back the way it was originally by replacing the IFOs, right?

My suggestion now would be, if you don't get any more help here, to go over to Doom9, register if necessary, and post the same question in their IFO/VOB Editors Forum. The developer of PGCEdit and other programmers can be found there, as well as other people much more knowledgeable than I. Good luck.

http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=50
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks. I posted a thread on doom9 forum.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is it exactly the intention ?

One clip or more involved , and buttons ... you'll be creating a disc which reacts similar to playlist style .
    Take a look at this : https://forum.videohelp.com/topic270620.html

Don't go fiddling with those menu options ... forced will do 2 things , work or not .
    Simply reset them back to what they were and save dvd will return it to normal .

If you want the menu to react according to time , correctly on any player , you should recreate the menu according to time required .

For a pal project :

Audio time length is 2 minutes .
    Menu would be 25fps x 120 = 3000 frames .

You could then use 1 post command in the menu to direct the play back of the title ... but multiple titles requires more .
    Quote Quote