VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok I had a 5 pk of DVD-R Memorex DVDs and they were in blue jewel casings. They worked great they were version 2.0. I went back yesterday to get some more and now they only have DVD-R Memorex DVD's 4X. I took them home to back up a movie. I used Roxio easy 6 and DVD shrink 2.3 with DVD decryption.

I made a movie with the old DVD and it worked perfect. I use the same process with the new one and it burned it to disc. When I go to put it in my DVD player it says it can't read it. Plus I got a message saying the disc is a region disc and is not compatible with the recording device. I'm guessing I have the wrong the DVD pack, but what are some good DVD packs so I don't make the same mistake twice.

Any response would be appreciated thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there!

Hmm... region warning when proccessed with DVD Shrink? Sounds more like a problem with the authoring/shrinking proccess rather than a media prob. I think there used to be a little bug in DVD shrink version 2.3 that messed up regions even if all regions were selected.

Would ya consider upgrading to DVD Shrink version 3.0 beta 5.... I have been using it for months with no region probs whatsover! Mind ya, just to be on the safe side I always run DVD Shrink's output through IfoEdit!

Also, you might want to use DVD-RWs for yr tests (if your DVD player supports it ) in order reduce the 'coaster effect' that DVD-Rs have and it does get very expensive!! 8)

Good Luck!

Leonapier
    The Truth Is Out There - X Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey thank you for the advice. It took me a long time to figure out, but I finally came through. The message would read the region marking on this disc is incompatible with your player. I did a lot of research and found it was mainly due to RCE protection.

All I needed was DVD Decryptor to take that off and burn my files with Roxio. No shrink was needed. However before I discoverd this I would decrypt first then use shrink which would give me that message. I was wondering does Shrink not get rid of RCE protection?

Anyway I am so happy it worked. I went out and bought some Sony DVD+R's and it worked fine. You were right about the expense thing as well LOL!! I might go and buy some RW's. I have a Pacific Digital external dual format DVD burner. Do you have to do anything different with the RW's than the R's when burning? Thanks again

Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!