VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey people im having a problem backing a dvd onto my HD with DVD Decrypter a error comes up and at the end it says its skipped two files and when i try dragging the files in dvd shrink 2convert them into .iso n shrink the file it says something like vob_5... is missing so im gessing thats what gets skipped how can i back the dvd to my hard drive? what is the best app which would let me back up my dvd with no problem i also tryed ripit4me which was no good it had the same problem...

Please help me need to give dvd back to my mate...

Thanks
    Chana

p.s. i was thinking of DVDFab Decrypter but dont know if that would still bring the error msg up?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried running FixVTS on the ripped DVD files? I had this happen once on a disc, and after I ripped it (I ended up skipping 3-4 files, I think) I ran it through FixVTS and it solved the problem.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgment."
    Zefram Cochrane
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Umm i aint tryed FixVTS so what do i do first insert dvd in then run it through FixVTS?? or some othere way...??

Cheers
    Chana
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You probably need something like DVDFab Decrypter. Almost any newer disc will not work in DVD Decrypter without running it through other apps as well, so from my experience it is just easier to use DVDFab Decrypter instead even though every once in a while you will still need to run something through FixVTS. However most of the time you will not need to.

John
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check carefully if the disc is scratched somewhere. This is probably your problem.
    There are many ways to remove a scratch, my favorite; autobody polishing compound(white) and "Armorall". Elbow grease from the center to the edge. Good luck
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chana1
    Umm i aint tryed FixVTS so what do i do first insert dvd in then run it through FixVTS?? or some othere way...??

Cheers
    Chana
    If you decide to try FixVTS, install the program, open it, go to the folder on your hard drive where you ripped the DVD, take one of the .VOB files and drop it into the FixTVS window. It will then ask you if you want to run FixVTS on this file, or the whole DVD - click "whole DVD".

I guess the first thing I should have asked you was: Have you tried playing the ripped DVD (on your hard drive) with a software DVD player on your computer? Something like WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc.... If it will play, but not load in DVDShrink, then running fixVTS on it should help. If it will not play, then might be a bad rip, which could be because of, as reylafo said, a scratched disc.

If RipIt4Me had the same problem, It's hard to say if DVDFab Decrypter will work or not. But it can't hurt to try
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgment."
    Zefram Cochrane
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please correct me if I am wrong, because I have only used FixVTS about five times, but I thought it would only work if the whole disc or file was on the hard drive already. I thought you would have to at least get the disc on the hard drive first with something like DVDFab Decrypter. I did not think FixVTS would really do anything in a situation like this since some of the files were not copied to the hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by crash447
    Please correct me if I am wrong, because I have only used FixVTS about five times, but I thought it would only work if the whole disc or file was on the hard drive already. I thought you would have to at least get the disc on the hard drive first with something like DVDFab Decrypter. I did not think FixVTS would really do anything in a situation like this since some of the files were not copied to the hard drive.
    Ye thats what i thought dont you have to have the whole film ripped to your hard drive before you open it in FixVTS?? other wise how does it fix something which aint there (been skipped)???

But thanks alot for all the help more ideas would be even better lol

Cheers
    Chana
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tryed DVDFab Decrypter and it seemed to work but it frezzed like 59% into the film but normally with DVD Decrypter it would skipp the 1st file around 9% so im gessing this is better lol but only problem is it takes a hellllllllll of a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time to backup with DVD Decrypter it would take around about 10-20 mins to backup a proper dvd with menu, extra, del scenes etc but with this app its longgggg lol

So its not a bad app but there must be something better out there.
    Any ideas???

Thanks
    Chana
    Quote Quote  
  10. Chana, have you checked your disk for smudges, scratches, or surface defects? It appears that may be your problem....
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ye its got few scratches but the aint major must be because of that i gess. So is that why DVDFab Decrypter was taking a long time to back the film on my hd? or does it normally take ages so back up???
    Quote Quote