VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been searching on this site for awhile and never could find a good answer.

For years, I have been using dvd decrypter and shrink to rip dvd's. I take a single .vob file, rename, and copy to my Netgear duo NAS and play wirelessly on my PS3 using DLNA. Obviously a single .vob has no menus and I was ok with that but now I want menus.

Is there a way to convert all the ripped files including the menus into ONE file that the PS3 will recognize and the menus will work? I have no problem ripping all my movies again since I own all the dvd's.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok then is there a way to put ripped files into a directory on the NAS so when I'm streaming on the PS3 it would act as if it's a DVD with menus? If so, what file type?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you would have to copy the video_ts folder with all the files to the nas. then you have the dvd structure.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sry, should have mentioned that I tried that years ago and just again today. I put all the ripped files into a folder on the NAS and when I open just the menu .vob, it wont let me click on any of the buttons. Currently, just playing the movie .vob, I can't jump to scene, fast forward, rewind, or have any menus. All I can do is watch the movie from start to finish and pause.

Since there is no option for what I would like my movie server to act like, I need someone to create a new single container extension that mimics an exact copy of a dvd and keeeps the entire structure.

Any programmers out there? Oh yeah, it needs to be DLNA compliant.

I bet there are > 1,000,000 people with movie servers like mine, how come this code hasnt been written?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    most of those million are content with just playing the movie from their nas. i hate worthless menus and trailers that can't be turn off on dvds. i even strip out all subtitles, unless it's a foreign language film.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote