VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm becoming desperate..
    Does anybody have success with Ulead SmartRender with files (MPEG-2) created by Hauppauge PVR-250? If so which drivers, patches, software, tricks etc.
    If no success, please let me know also. I at least know I'm not alone..
    Quote Quote  
  2. This post has been read so many times and no answer to it still? Has nobody tried this combination??? Quite unbelieveable.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Epo,

Did you ever solve this? If so I would be grateful to know what you did to achieve it.

I have only just started using MediaStudio Pro 6.5 and the main reason I wanted it was for the MPEG2 editing (utilising smartrender) of my PVR250 captures, but I have hit the same problem, hence I found your post so long after the event.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Solved it. You need to set the encoder bitrate the same as the nominal bitrate as shown using BitrateViewer and it will work. I was setting it at the average bitrate that I knew I had encoded the original mpeg at.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If anyone is interested I discovered another problem with Ulead Smartrender in MediaStudio Pro 6.5.

If you apply the 6.51 Powerpatch, which amongst other things installs the MainConcept encoder (MPEG.Now) then Smartrender does not work with PVR250 mpegs. I rolled back to the original install that uses the Ligos encoder and I was able to Smartrender PVR250 mpegs no problem. I will report this to Ulead tech support for what it is worth !!.

I guess this also affects DVD Workshop as I am led to believe that also uses the MainConcept SDK.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi q1aqza,

I notice that you managed to get smartrender to work on MediaStudio. My guess is that this would also hold true for VideoStudio.

Can you tell me what you mean by nominal value within Bitrateviewer. Bitrateviewer only shows Peak and Average.

Thanks

Psiman
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The nominal is shown in the detail listing at the bottom right section of the GUI - where it tells you the frame size, field order etc. Basically it seems to always be whatever the max bitrate you transcoded the MPEG to.
    Quote Quote  
  8. It works for me with VideoStudio. I capture using the included PVR SVCD profiles in WinTV and I just change the bitrates as needed depending on what sort of files size I want. When you set up the project profile in VideoStudio, select 'get settings from existing file' and use the PVR captured file that you plan to edit in that particular project. If you're using more than one captured mpeg, they all need to have the same capture settings.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Beavis wrote
    When you set up the project profile in VideoStudio, select 'get settings from existing file' and use the PVR captured file that you plan to edit in that particular project.
    I only dabbled with the trial version of Videostudio and forgot about that useful little function. What I am surprised at is MediaStudio Pro 6.5 does not have that function at 8 x the cost !! You have to set up the project manually. Perhaps I'll mention that when I get round to reporting the other problem.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I've never used MediaStudio, but I'm sure that the Ulead project settings have to match your captured file exactly or it won't work. If you've got the Ulead bitrate set at the nominal bitrate of your captured mpeg, check resolution and even try switching the field order (A/B). The quality of transition rendering isn't the greatest in the world, but it's functional- I really like it for editing commercials out to an exact frame and the resulting rendered files don't give me any audio sync problems, presumably due to the re-encodes at the edit points.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was just making the point that the feature in VideoStudio that sets the project settings by analysing the source file would be nice if it was available in MediaStudio rather than use a 3rd party app like BitrateViewer to analyse the mpeg file to get the correct info !!

As I said earlier in this thread I can get MediaStudio to smartrender by manually setting the project settings but only if it does not have the Powerpatch6.51 applied i.e. when it still has the Ligos encoder, apply the patch which installs the main concept encoder and smartrender does not work anymore on the PVR 250 mpegs - I haven't yet tried CCE or TMPG generated mpegs.
    Quote Quote