VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been working with MultiAVCHD for a week now, just getting familiar with it. Great tool!

In this guide... http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/tutorial.php ... it shows a couple menu examples. This guide looks to be created by the author of MultiAVCHD.

No matter what combinations of options I pick, these two example menus types are never created.

If only [x] Custom menu is checked your main menu may look like this:: Click image for larger version

Name:	multiavchd_play.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	23475
    If [x] Thumbnail menu is checked your main menu may look like this:: Click image for larger version

Name:	titles.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	23476
    Can anyone tell me what I am missing? Have these "types" of menus been removed?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you missed some key words in the description of those screens:

"If only [x] Custom menu is checked your main menu may look like this:: "

"If [x] Thumbnail menu is checked your main menu may look like this:: "
    Quote Quote  
  3. I get what your saying, but I doubt that the author was using "word play" to tease an impossible output in his own guide. There'd be no point as the tool is free.

My point is these screens are clearly NOT creatable through the current interface. For instance, the blue arrow on the "custom menu" above; there are no options for such things within MulitAVCHD, only a generic "square". Also, I cannot find any options to create the round 'clock' shaped "thumbnail menu".

I appreciate the comment, but I suspect these menu are either created with an older version of MultiAVCHD and their functionality was removed or there is some "external" custom modification of an "MPF" file, not attainable through the interface, to get these results.

With such a great free tool I am seriously surprised at the lack of guides and information on how to use it at a "more advanced" level. I am very happy there is such a tool and I am very willing to spend all the time I need to know how it works inside and out. I was just hoping if a more advanced user of MultiAVCHD might shed some light on these inconsistencies so I can get past this "wall".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The 1st screenshot uses "Classic" menu style and was last available (as I know it) in version 3.0, which coincidentally is the one I use because it's the most compatible with my Panasonic BD player.............
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    The 1st screenshot uses "Classic" menu style and was last available (as I know it) in version 3.0, which coincidentally is the one I use because it's the most compatible with my Panasonic BD player.............
    That's good to know. I wonder if it will let me have both versions (4.1 & 3.0) installed at the same time?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by clm3s View Post
    With such a great free tool I am seriously surprised at the lack of guides and information on how to use it at a "more advanced" level. I am very happy there is such a tool and I am very willing to spend all the time I need to know how it works inside and out. I was just hoping if a more advanced user of MultiAVCHD might shed some light on these inconsistencies so I can get past this "wall".
    It has always been like this. GUIforDVDAuthor is the exact same way with the exception that's there is more documentation for it but it's all older and some of the buttons don't even exist any more in GUIforDVDAuthor. Both multiAVCHD and GUIforDVDAuthor have a small number of users who can use the scanty docs and figure out to how to work miracles with it, but my experience with both is that if I don't want to do exactly what a document describes, I can't do it. There's too much non-intuitive stuff you have to somehow know to do. If you have infinite amounts of time you can just try stuff until you stumble on how to do what you want, but I don't have the patience for that. If nobody here can help you then you might try asking those smug bastards at Doom9 if they can help, but as always when you go over there you may or may not get help even if someone knows the exact answer you need.

Off the top of my head I'd guess that maybe 10% of the users have somehow figured out on their own how to do all kinds of advanced things with both programs that aren't documented at all, but most of them don't have any sympathy for the people who don't have the same knowledge, so they aren't always willing to share. This doesn't help you in any way, but maybe it will let you know that the problem is not you. The author of multiAVCHD abandons it for long periods of time and then just when everything thinks he might be dead, he reappears with a new version. I'm sure the docs for it are fairly old. I tried to use it some years ago when I had a (now dead) Momitsu BluRay player and NOTHING I made with multiAVCHD could play on my player, so I gave up on it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Off the top of my head I'd guess that maybe 10% of the users have somehow figured out on their own how to do all kinds of advanced things with both programs that aren't documented at all, but most of them don't have any sympathy for the people who don't have the same knowledge, so they aren't always willing to share. This doesn't help you in any way, but maybe it will let you know that the problem is not you. The author of multiAVCHD abandons it for long periods of time and then just when everything thinks he might be dead, he reappears with a new version. I'm sure the docs for it are fairly old. I tried to use it some years ago when I had a (now dead) Momitsu BluRay player and NOTHING I made with multiAVCHD could play on my player, so I gave up on it.
    Thank you for the assessment, I figured as much.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's good to know. I wonder if it will let me have both versions (4.1 & 3.0) installed at the same time?
    I would guess that it would..........but there is only one way to know for sure and that's install both and see.

I actually like version 3.0 with Classic Menus. It's clean and is compatible with every BD player I've come across yet. I also figured out how to replace the lame Splash screen it creates with my own custom 1st play video by editing the created files using CLPINF_Edit.exe

Here is an example of an old menu screen-cap (resized to 720p) I did a few years ago:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	multiavchd_menu.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	598.5 KB
ID:	23481  

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    I also figured out how to replace the lame Splash screen it creates with my own custom 1st play video by editing the created files using CLPINF_Edit.exe ...
    I couldn't find anything on "CLPINF_Edit.exe". Where do you find this tool?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's been so long, I can't remember where I got it from, so I put everything you need in a zip file. ClipInf_Edit.png will show what you need to do. This assumes you want to replace the lame 30p "01400.m2ts" with your own 24p "01400.m2ts" clip.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. So apparently you can have Ver. 3.0 and Ver. 4.1 installed at the same time. It just needed a different folder.
    Quote Quote