VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Which one are you currently using. I am looking for one to buy, a new BR burner which does the following:

Burns to - BR, BRE, DVD+and - , and DL would be nice but not mandatory. Thanks guys for your help on helping me select the right one.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's an LG at newegg on sale for $60 with promo code EMCYTZT1423 and free shipping available now for 24 hours only
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106369&Tpk=27-106-369&nm_mc=E...m-_-27-106-369

I bought the one with m-disc support, however
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have both Pioneer and LG (both specific models are no longer manufactured as they are 1+ years old). I prefer the Pioneer because it can write to the new Taiyo Yuden LTH BD-R discs and my LG burner can't even recognize the discs, burned or brand new.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess the HTL would have to work with your LG...
    Last edited by zoobie; 9th Apr 2012 at 13:54.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    There's an LG at newegg on sale for $60 with promo code EMCYTZT1423 and free shipping available now for 24 hours only
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106369&Tpk=27-106-369&nm_mc=E...m-_-27-106-369

Umm, err..

You mean the Liteon BluRay burner, Right brand and model in the link. I ordered one for a computer to add BluRay.

I'll take Liteon over LG.

I have a Pioneer that burns anything, a LG that is very picky. I burn the stuff that the LG puked on in the Pioneer. Mainly cheap discs such as Optical Quantum that the LG wouldn't burn. I use Verbatim HTL for stuff I want to keep. The OQs I use for test purposes such as how I like the authoring, would my BluRay player play MKV off of a disc as well as over the network or my HDPVR caps etc. If the OQs die, no loss, no tears, no "All my data (Movies) are gone. "

You lost me on this one "m-disc support", what did you buy then?

Cheers
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have a Lite-On 112-04 and at newegg today...it's $60 shipped....works fine for my needs
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yes...lite-on...my bad...
    I bought the LG WH12LS39K and 10 HTL Optical Quantum discs
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie View Post

Yeah, he has been beating this horse beyond belief......

I posted about an LG in one of his other many threads.....

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/345022-What-are-the-differences-in-these-2-BR-Burne...=1#post2152380

But someone seem's to think LG's are not that good, even though i am at 85+ bluray burns with it and they have all played perfectly, and using 60+ Verbatim LTH disc's, which quite a few here seem to think are not that good

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/345022-What-are-the-differences-in-these-2-BR-Burne...=1#post2152457
    Quote Quote  
  9. Pioneer all the way...personally, I'd stick with HTL BD-R, the Verbatims are reasonably priced and ultra reliable.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone here understand the difference between HTL and LTH or what it actually means in the real world ?
    Or as opposed to pressed blurays ?!?!?!

And i have probably been the biggest Pioneer advocate on this site in the past 11 years and beyond, but the LG burners are NOT slouches in any way, shape or form........

Well, not probably, Absolutely!!!!!!!!!
    Gonna make me dig out my old avatar that i used for the last many many many years......
    LOL!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Nothing wrong with LG blu ray burners as long as you use good media. Verbatim (non-LTH) and Smart Blu have worked flawlessly in mine.

And yes Noahtuck, I'm aware of the differences in blu ray media.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Nothing wrong with LG blu ray burners as long as you use good media. Verbatim (non-LTH) and Smart Blu have worked flawlessly in mine.
    Well, seeing as you had not posted before in this thread, obviously i was not referring to anything you said....

Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    And yes Noahtuck, I'm aware of the differences in blu ray media.
    And seeing as i was once again, in favor of LTH verbatim media, you obviously are not.....
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    But someone seem's to think LG's are not that good, even though i am at 85+ bluray burns with it and they have all played perfectly, and using 60+ Verbatim LTH disc's, which quite a few here seem to think are not that good
    I've been using my LG GGW-H20L HD-Dvd Rom/Blu Ray Writer for years now and am extremely happy with it.
    I've burned over 200 blurays without problems.
    Whoever that "someone" is, must not actually own a LG writer or received a dud!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    And seeing as i was once again, in favor of LTH verbatim media, you obviously are not.....
    Just relating my own experiences Noahtuck...I've not tried the LTH Verbatim. Though there are some known incompatibilities between the LTH media and some older burners and players.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post

Yeah, he has been beating this horse beyond belief......

I posted about an LG in one of his other many threads.....

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/345022-What-are-the-differences-in-these-2-BR-Burne...=1#post2152380

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/345022-What-are-the-differences-in-these-2-BR-Burne...=1#post2152457
    I have a 10X LG from last year, darn picky for media. The only reliable media in it is the Verbatim HTL. I have since relegated it to reader only since I got the Pioneer 12X burner.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Staples has a USB 2 Memorex for $129, but you can use coupons, I got one when it was $75, it's a Pioneer, about the size of the disk too so pretty small.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Actually your posts have made me think that when I finish up my stack of TY LTH BD-R discs that I will very likely give the Verbatim LTH discs a shot. I'm not enthused that TY/JVC changed those discs somewhat from their original ones (different manufacturing code) as the new ones can't be recognized at all on my LG burner and my Momitsu region-free BD player can't see them either, but both the LG burner and the Momitsu could see the original TY LTH BD-R discs. I have tried the new TY LTH discs on other people's BD players and they have no problems with them so I still use them for archiving stuff I don't plan to watch again any time soon. It's ugly, but I can copy them to a BD-RE disc and the BD-RE disc will play fine in my Momitsu.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Newegg has Pioneer on sale today and they rarely have Pioneer on sale.

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Apr-0-2012/weeklydeal10/index-landing.html?nm_mc=...ner-_-AllDeals
    Depends what the definition of the word inhale is.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Found this from an amazon review...
    Be careful not to go for the much lower-cost LTH (low-to-high) verbatim spindles. These have a different burning process that makes them frequently incompatible with blu-ray drives or blu-ray players.
    Perhaps the major problem is that we're mixing models up.
    Probably best to mention your model and how it behaved with different discs.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Found this from an amazon review...
    Be careful not to go for the much lower-cost LTH (low-to-high) verbatim spindles. These have a different burning process that makes them frequently incompatible with blu-ray drives or blu-ray players.
    Perhaps the major problem is that we're mixing models up.
    Probably best to mention your model and how it behaved with different discs.
    My personal experience is while LTH issues do exist, they are far overblown and most people have no issues with them. Even though my Momitsu refuses to play the current TY LTH BD-R discs, I'm still sold on the format.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    while LTH issues do exist, they are far overblown and most people have no issues with them.
    Agree.
    Picky old players is the usual culprit.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    All i can say is, I have now burned 60+, 3-20 packs, & am into the 5th disc of my 4th 20 pack of Verbatim LTH disc's on my LG WH12LS38 Bluray burner & EVERY SINGLE DISC has played flawlessly on both of my standalone LG Bluray players And on my PC using TMT5.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I sell BDs so will need the widest compatibility possible.
    Those not selling just need local compatibility with their setups.
    They won't know if it doesn't play on a picky old player in some distant land.
    Quote Quote