VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. vbstein
    Search Comp PM
    I am having trouble copying Star Wars episode "Empire Strikes Back" using DVDFab 8 and keep getting an error message stating that the program cannot read the disc. This occurs about halfway through the copy process. I have tried AnyDVD plus other programs and the same problem occurs. Does anyone have suggestions? I have copied other Star Wars episodes but this one and another have been unsuccessful. Please help. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Is this a DVD you are trying to copy?
    Quote Quote  
  3. vbstein
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to copy the Blu Ray version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The "to Blu Ray" in the title confused me.
    Quote Quote  
  5. vbstein
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to copy the movie to a blu ray disc. The dvdfab program, however is not able to complete the copy process. It gets to 50percent then an error message pops up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you ripped the BR disk to your HD? Copying is not ripping. Is the BR disk on your HD?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    Have you ripped the BR disk to your HD? Copying is not ripping. Is the BR disk on your HD?
    Well .. copying the contents of a copy protected disc, therefore circumventing the copy protection on that disc, and placing the contents on a hard drive actually IS called ripping.
    Quote Quote  
  8. vbstein
    Search Comp PM
    I have used DVDFab which is supposed to rip the disc to the HD temporarily, then burns to a Blu Ray disc. When trying to rip the disc, an error message occurs at about 50% completion that there is an error reading the disc. I don't believe there is a problem with the disc itself. This occured when trying to rip another Star Wars episode. I have already burned three other episodes to a Blu Ray disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the others worked than it could possibly be a scratched disc if it keeps stopping at the same point. Cleaning it might help. But if it is really scratched deep you might not have anyway around it but buying a new disc.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote