VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Which is better, clonecd 4.3.2.2 (slysoft.com) or blindwrite 5.1.1.
    Could someone give me the advantages and disadvantages of each one?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Any answer? And, it's about backing up copy-protected cds. I heard that backups with blindwrite need extra software if used on another computer, is this the same for clonecd.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    CloneCD will make an EXACT copy of the CD...including the built-in copy protection. In order for it to work however.....you need to follow the instructions "to the letter".....ie...allow CloneCD to do EVERYTHING....including closing the CD tray for you.
    I use version 4.1.0.1 as a matter of preference.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you install anydvd it will get rid of copy protection, then use CloneCD
    "Whenever I need to "get away,'' I just get away in my mind. I go to my imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the weather is perfect. The only bad thing there are the flies. They're terrible!" Jack Handey
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tweedledee
    If you install anydvd it will get rid of copy protection, then use CloneCD
    I can take a protected Audio CD and make an unprotected one as well by simply using Roxio Easy CD Creator. But when referring to using CloneCD alone....the copy protection will remain.
    AnyDVD has never worked for my audio CD's. The last song on the CD still must be edited....which is what I use Roxio for in the first place.
    This could all be academic anyway since we have no idea what type of CD the original poster is attempting to back-up....
    Quote Quote  
  6. whether Clone CD will make an EXACT copy depends on your burner. some burners automatically correct unreadable sectors, which is what safedisc protection uses to identify the protection. if you burner automatically corrects these then it won't make a perfect copy of it. my burner does correction and dispite making what appears to be an exact copy it won't run correctly because safedisc detects the error sections missing. same disc copied on an phillips burner will run fine. stay away from NEC burners for stuff like that They hate copy protections like that. Both apps are good though. I've used Clone CD a long time. here lately I'm using Alcohol 120% more though.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!