VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I've been trying to download some youtube videos from the official Olympics Youtube channel however some have multiple audio tracks and as such aren't working in the programs I normally use to download youtube vids (Jdownloader, Downloadhelper)

Jdownloader won't even decrypt the links and Downloadhelper just gives me the option to download a bunch of tiny .MP2T files.

Does anyone know of a way I can download the videos?

Here's an example of two videos from the same channel.

This one downloads fine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSwtnxQrEGw (it only has one audio track)

This one I can't download: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVzt2rsfMc0 (has 3 audio tracks)

The videos are region locked to some Asian country's so I've been using a proxy to watch/download them (specifically I've been using 1 from Indonesia and Malaysia)

Proxy download's got nothing to do with the problem tho as like I've said some download fine (single audio track) only videos with multiple audio tracks won't download.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had the same question as you, but I've found an answer in other thread of this forum thanks to user Gramps

You need to find .m3u8 URL for your video by using developer console in Firefox. To find it easier use m3u8 for filter in there. Click on the video you want to capture and in console window there will be url for your video.

Then use ffmpeg -i "your URL.m3u8" -c copy file.ts

FFmpeg will only capture default stream with main audio track. If you want other audio track as well, click on audio icon and in developer console there will be another m3u8 url and you can also capture it with ffmpeg. You cannot capture video with two tracks at the same time because other audio tracks are separate aac files on their server.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a bunch for this. Any idea how I'd use ffmpeg with a proxy? (since the videos I want aren't available in my region)

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you sure that the videos are still unavailable for you? For me it was locked during Olympics but now that event is over I can watch any video on YT Olympic channel that was previously unavailable in my country, at least those that previously didn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. oh wow lol you're totally right, it's available for me to watch now without a proxy. DLing fine now with the method you said (if a bit slow) thanks so much for all your help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hello,

I found this site while searching for the same problem and I tried to solve it, but I guess I simply don't understand everything.

I downloaded ffmpeg and found the m3u8 URL.

But can I still choose which file extension (for example: mp4) the video will have? And can I choose where ffmpeg should save the video?

Oh well, I must sound so helpless...

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by NiiOn; 31st Aug 2012 at 19:00.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well, the file will be saved in the same folder where ffmpeg executable is. I don't know if ffmpeg could output YT capture in some other container format. Maybe some ffmpeg expert can tell you more about that. I have no problem with TS, it's easy to extract video & audio with TSmuxer (demux option) and use Yamb to mux in MP4.
    Quote Quote