VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to buy a media streamer. I viewed the internet for a long time and was cought attention by one box named vidon.me av200. Its attractive features are below:

1. It's quad-core CPU, eight-core GPU, 2G DDR3, etc.
    2. It's an Android box which support blu-ray menu navigation.
    3. It can play 3D movies with 3D effect.
    4..Most important of all, it's just $120 before May 25.

Can anybody who has in-depth knowledge about media streamer or own the box tell me if it's worthy to buy?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Isn't that a media player? Not a video streamer (server). You might find more information here:
    http://www.avsforum.com/t/1500740/official-vidon-me-av200-android-blu-ray-box-thread
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Isn't that a media player? Not a video streamer (server). You might find more information here:
    http://www.avsforum.com/t/1500740/official-vidon-me-av200-android-blu-ray-box-thread
    Yes, you are right. It's media player. I have seen the forum. Thank you for your answer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. From reading the thread, blu-ray menu support looks sketchy. I don't know why anyone would want that anyway. I prefer movie only rips, and individual TV episodes. Of course, I prefer alphabetical text menus to thumbnails and poster art, so I guess I'm weird!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hello friend, very gald to tell you that my av200 is working so well especially after i upgrade vidon.me xbmc to the newest version. It plays 3D movies so cool. But i heard that there are only 600 units available. If you like it, please take your time to reserve and go to purchase on time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    From reading the thread, blu-ray menu support looks sketchy. I don't know why anyone would want that anyway. I prefer movie only rips, and individual TV episodes. Of course, I prefer alphabetical text menus to thumbnails and poster art, so I guess I'm weird!
    Respectfully i think that blu-ray menu is an important characteristic of blu-ray movies. You can view this video to know it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=880qTrqBSDw&feature=autoshare
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Zaboo View Post
    Hello friend, very gald to tell you that my av200 is working so well especially after i upgrade vidon.me xbmc to the newest version. It plays 3D movies so cool. But i heard that there are only 600 units available. If you like it, please take your time to reserve and go to purchase on time.
    Thank you for your answer. I have reserved it. Very hoping i can get one.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Vilime View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    From reading the thread, blu-ray menu support looks sketchy. I don't know why anyone would want that anyway. I prefer movie only rips, and individual TV episodes. Of course, I prefer alphabetical text menus to thumbnails and poster art, so I guess I'm weird!
    Respectfully i think that blu-ray menu is an important characteristic of blu-ray movies. You can view this video to know it

LOL. That video is an example of exactly why I don't like menus. I especially like the part where you see the two people's reflection on the blank TV screen for 30 seconds while it loads up the BD+ VM code, menus, etc. Then you have to watch the Fox logo for 30 seconds, until finally you get to the menu. Once you finally select "Play" you get to wait another 10 seconds while it plays a transition video. Then you get to watch the Fox logo again for another 30 seconds. So it's almost 2 minutes between the time you select the movie you want to watch and the time the movie actually starts playing. I rip just the movie and eliminate studio and distributor logos from the start. It's only a few seconds from the time I select the file and the time it starts playing.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Vilime View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post

LOL. That video is an example of exactly why I don't like menus. I especially like the part where you see the two people's reflection on the blank TV screen for 30 seconds while it loads up the BD+ VM code, menus, etc. Then you have to watch the Fox logo for 30 seconds, until finally you get to the menu. Once you finally select "Play" you get to wait another 10 seconds while it plays a transition video. Then you get to watch the Fox logo again for another 30 seconds. So it's almost 2 minutes between the time you select the movie you want to watch and the time the movie actually starts playing. I rip just the movie and eliminate studio and distributor logos from the start. It's only a few seconds from the time I select the file and the time it starts playing.
    While different users have different demands, I am very understand of what you said about the long wait. But you know some users indeed like to the enjoy the interesting sidelights or the introductions. And the waiting time of this video maybe a little long, but it depends on the iso files itself. Sometimes I just needs five seconds to play some movies.

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  10. From reading the linked avs thread, it does appear that BD menu support is sketchy. I'm not surprised.

1) Full Blu-Ray and BD+ specs are only available to licensed manufacturers. Among other things, BD+ implements system calls, or "traps". I don't pretend to know the technical details, but when decrypters claim to "remove" BD+, I think "circumventing" or "patching" may be more accurate.

The device in question can play BD ISOs. What are the chances this thing is licensed? Zero. And if it were, it would have Cinavia.

2) They are likely using libbluray open source menu system or similar, as noted by post #4 in the linked thread. That will almost certainly limit what it will play. And what about complicated BD-J menus? I don't doubt there are many titles it won't cope with.

Really, I think if the OP wants *reliable* BD menu navigation, a BD standalone is gonna be necessary. OTOH, drop that demand and all sorts of possibilities are out there.

I've long suspected that extracting main movie is a far simpler proposition than "removing" BD+, and that decrypter updates are all about BD+ and sometimes to deal with complicated BD-J menus. Further, often times the protection is not removed fully, or the menu remapped properly. Then one must wait for an update to deal with that disc specifically. I never do full disc except for episode discs and went nearly 2 years without updating DVDFabPasskey.

Anyway, I respect the OP's desire to have a box with reliable, full BD navigation. I'm with jagabo though, I despise menus.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 26th May 2014 at 09:04.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have a Sony Bluray player that streams wirelessly (I use PS3 media server) and i works great for audio and 720p.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!